Unova League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Corvus: The tower's new guest

3 posters

Go down

Corvus:  The tower's new guest Empty Corvus: The tower's new guest

Post  Lumin Tue Nov 20, 2012 12:48 am

Basically, in this rp, Lumin has been the leader only for a few years.
This side story is based off when Kouen met Lumin and came to the royal towers.

If you are from Corvus or would like your OC to make a brief appearance in this, you can send me a note to ask, so I can think a moment on how we can add you in and go from there.

** Involved Characters - Basic ages **

Lumin - 24

Yoru - 30

Kouen - 17
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Posts Posts : 186
Battle Points Battle Points : 44199

Back to top Go down

Corvus:  The tower's new guest Empty Re: Corvus: The tower's new guest

Post  Kouen Tue Nov 20, 2012 2:13 am

DELETED

Last edited by Kouen on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

Kouen
Corvus
Corvus

Posts Posts : 10
Battle Points Battle Points : 41828

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:26 am

Yoru sighed as he did his rounds around the towers to make sure everyone was doing their job. It wasn't a hard job to do since everyone was still getting use to the new rules. He was wearing his long coat and finest clothes so that he'd look presentable for visitors. He then heard the guards let somebody in to the gate. He went downstairs to see who was coming into the Towers at an unusual hour. He was surprised to find a young man. "Excuse me, may I help you?" asked Yoru in his most courteous manner after he approached the Treecko.
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Posts Posts : 330
Battle Points Battle Points : 45927

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouen Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:55 am

DELETED

Last edited by Kouen on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:51 am; edited 1 time in total

Kouen
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:04 am

"Sure, follow me. I was going to see him anyways." Yoru gestured for Kouen to follow him. He was a little uncomfortable with Kouen's air, but he shook it off as some kid acting tough. "What's your name? I'm Yoru, Lumin's best friend." He didn't mind opening up about their friendship. He was rather proud to be friends with Lumin with all they've been through together.

He led Kouen through the Towers, keeping a steady pace so he wouldn't confuse his visitor. He stopped in front of the door to Lumin's office and knocked. "Hey, Lumin. There's a kid from the Post Office with a letter for you." He was in a good mood that day, but it may have been because he was going to be traveling within a week or so.
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:16 am

Lumin for a good portion of the day had been sitting at his desk, working on quite the pile of paperwork. It seemed he had been awful busy for a few hours and was starting to feel exhausted. Lumin was just about to pull another paper from the pile to fill in when he heard a knock on his door right before the pen touched the paper, his eyes flicked up to look to the door.

"Come on in" His voice raised enough so the two of them could hear his voice, his eyes slowly looking down to his work again to continue writing on the paper he'd pulled off the pile before. Right as he finished the writing, he set the pen aside and stacked his paperwork again so that he could put it away safely in his desk for later and standing up soon after he'd done all this so that he could face the door with his hands folded behind his back.

What could he possibly have a letter for? He couldn't recall any events happening lately, nothing overly important at least. Large wings folded close to his back, as if in a defensive manner, just in case it would be a water type pokemon or something. "Please do not touch anything as you enter, I have been rather busy all day, I would not want to lose such work..." He said this as he reached up toward a lantern on the wall and brightened it by a small amount, just so it would be bright enough for them to see each other easily and so he would be able to read this letter.
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouen Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:43 am

DELETED

Last edited by Kouen on Fri Jan 31, 2014 7:53 am; edited 1 time in total

Kouen
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Tue Nov 20, 2012 7:47 am

Yoru went to Lumin's side as soon as he entered. "You don't have to be so formal. It's not Horrus you're talking to." Yoru then facepalmed himself for mentioning Lumin's late father. "Sorry.. But, kid, watch that attitude. It might get you in trouble." He didn't mind reaching out to others. He was always going out of his way to help, even if he was a tad shameless at times.
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Tue Nov 20, 2012 8:31 am

Lumin turned slowly toward the two as they walked in, a short smile striking his face as he looked toward Yoru, though his eyes looked quite serious again when hearing Yoru mention Horrus. Turning his face away for a moment to lift a hand and graze the scar on his face with his fingers, it took him a moment before shaking his head and looking to Yoru again. "It's fine...the past is gone" He said this smoothly as he turned to the young man who'd come to deliver his message.

Walking over to Kouen, Lumin had taken the letter rather abruptly, not really liking the cocky manner he was being addressed by this kid. Though he couldnt help but look over him a moment to take in his image and his movements, he'd actually almost reminded him of himself and Yoru when they were kids, almost...rebellious, but still good inside. His gaze easing to a calm and far less royal or intimidating look. It was clear on the inside, Lumin was nothing like a true royal, whether he was the lord or not, he seemed to be much like a normal person on the inside.

With a smile, he somewhat snorted at the fact Kouen was being so cocky, almost half amused someone his age would even face him in such a way. "A young man such as yourself is delivering mail...?" He turned to walk toward his desk, leaning against it and beginning to read to himself, though it seemed his mind wasn't completely sent on the contents of the letter. "...judging by your attitude...shall I assume you jump jobs to obtain money...? Many people dont have the energy to do it here, It seems you would" He set the letter down, as if he couldnt even care less about the letter itself. "How much do you usually earn from your jobs...?"
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouen Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:13 am

DELETED

Last edited by Kouen on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Kouen
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Tue Nov 20, 2012 9:33 am

Lumin raised a brow before grinning slightly at Kouen's explanation on how he preferred to be payed, though he was a little shocked to hear he needed places to stay for the night, that seemed a little off. "You don't even have a house...? Even though you work as hard as you can...hmm" He looked to Yoru for a quick moment before standing up straight and walking around to the back of his desk, opening a drawer and sifting through different files and papers. "Let's see...I know I had something here that I could...ah!" His voice seemed to pick up all of a sudden when he hit the end of his sentance, pulling a few papers out of his desk and walking back around the desk and toward Kouen.

"I've been lacking in staff within the castle ever since my father was killed...if you are looking for jobs that will pay well, I wouldnt mind offering something...I wouldnt mind if you stayed here with us at the Royal Towers...that is, IF you can do the work, I promise you that the jobs wont be as easy as what you are used to..." He glanced up at Kouen from the papers and pulled one out of the handful he'd taken, handing it to Kouen with a smile. "You see...I just so happen to need a freelancer, I dont have anyone to send messages or deal with other issues, I would send Yoru but I often need him around when dealing with my work here..."

Lumin sighed heavily and tilted his head as he stared at Kouen, not to look down at him, but to simply think over how well Kouen would handle some of the jobs he would be giving out, some jobs would be pretty difficult. "You're young...but I'm sure you can handle most of these yourself...and you would be getting a free room, food and whatever else you need out of it, I'll even buy certain things for you if it is absolutely necessary to finish your jobs" His voice came off as encouraging, and hopeful that the Treeko would accept his offer, if he did, it would be one less person having troubles surviving out there.
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Kouen Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:15 am

DELETED

Last edited by Kouen on Fri Jan 31, 2014 8:05 am; edited 1 time in total

Kouen
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:57 am

An understanding smile grazed his lips for a short while before turning away from Kouen to place the papers down. "You will find that I am highly against violence myself, toward anyone, the only time it will happen is within defence if I or my people are attacked by someone causing trouble...even then I will not kill the person..." He paused a moment before turning to glance back at Kouen a moment. "You really didnt think that I would harm an innocent child or woman..? I'm the complete opposite of what my father was years ago, my reign in this kingdom is strictly to work toward fixing all the problems caused by my late father, and to support my people better"

His eyes shifted to the side in thought, not sure of which room he could settle Kouen in at first. "I'll have to have a room cleared out for you...dont worry you dont have to hang around the towers all the time, it'll just be there for sleep, rest or just storing your things, everyone is free to wander as they please around Corvus as long as there is no trouble caused by it" He took a deep breath before realizing something and pulling a small card out of a small box on his desk, writing Kouen's name on the back and stamping the clan insignia on the front of it with a gold ink. "You're now free to wander in and out of the Royal Towers as one of my staff" He said this as he walked over to Kouen and handed him the card. "This will make sure the guards dont mistake you for someone untrustworthy"

With that, he sighed heavily and wandered around his desk once more and sitting down heavily in the chair. Pulling out some paperwork again and beginning to write on different sheets of paper again, his eyes never leaving his work but his attention still occasionally on them. "Yoru has been with me since childhood...if you have any questions whenever I am busy, you can always ask him...if you can find him that is, he is often hiding around" He shot a quick glare toward Yoru for a split second before returning to his paperwork, as if to say he knew what Yoru pulls off in his spare time.
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Tue Nov 20, 2012 6:44 pm

"Welcome to the Towers, kid. I'll have one of the maids prepare a room right now. Lumin, I'll talk with you here shortly." Yoru gave a quick glance at Kouen and then to Lumin to show Lumin what he needed to talk about. He was wanting what's best for both ends, but he knew there would be people taking it as Lumin running some sort of an inn. Yoru went into the hall and called out to the nearest maid. "Prepare a room please. Make bathwater as well. We got a new guy here." Yoru was happy to have another person helping Lumin. "Shall I go ahead and have dinner prepared earlier than usual, Lumin?" Yoru was getting a little hungry himself.
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down