Unova League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The flames of Willpower

2 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

The flames of Willpower Empty The flames of Willpower

Post  Lumin Sun Nov 11, 2012 3:43 am

My first post will merely be a set of rules I'm going to want to throw out there for you guys.

You MUST read this before you make a post please, because this rp is based off mine and a friend's OC, if you wish to be linked to Lumin in such a manner, I would like you to ask me first so we can work something out.

This rp will be pretty much a background story. From when Lumin was 10

The following link will show you how he appears: [Only admins are allowed to see this link]

## Important ##

The only user(s) linked to Lumin currently for this story.

~ Yoru - Age 15 ( Played by MaxieMarieHawke )

This rp starts off, and mostly revolves around Corvus and the time when Lumin's father reigned.

His father is a Ho-Oh. And is EXTREMELY agressive and hateful toward anyone whom goes against his ruling.

There are still SOME plants on the ground at this point in Corvus, though not many.
And the condition of the capital isnt AS bad as it is in the main story.

Remember, MESSAGE ME FIRST before jumping in, I have to be sure there is a legit link between the characters that can be set in place. This rp was originally made only for Maxie and I otherwise.

Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Posts Posts : 186
Battle Points Battle Points : 44189

Back to top Go down

The flames of Willpower Empty Re: The flames of Willpower

Post  Lumin Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:29 am

The knights of Corvus tracked through the town in two perfect rows, walking ahead of them was a rather tall man with brightly colored wings and a rather fancy get up, very royal looking but almost traditional at the same time. At each side of him, a stronger knight walked along with him, and so did a boy of about ten years of age, also dressed rather fancy but not as overdone as the taller man. This man in the middle was Corvus' current leader, and father to the young boy that was walking along side him. This current leader's name was Horrus, and he was a Ho-Oh, a rather strong one at that.

Many years so far he had ruled as the leader of this land, and many had fallen due to his reign, but not just from war, they had fallen from simply misunderstandings with him or even just leaving the lands. He was a harsh man, with an even harsher ruling, causing many to be either trapped in Corvus, or die for leaving and befriending the enemy of his land.

The young boy next to him however, looked far less intimidating then him. This boy looked very timid infact, and nervous when walking down the streets along with his father. He was but a young Moltres, a pokemon that should have lots of pride and willpower, but seemed to lack all of such in his current position. This moltres was Lumin, the young heir of Corvus, a boy whom didnt seem particularly fond of who he was.

The reason they were walking in such a formation was because his father and himself had just returned from a mission, they were returning home to discuss the next step, but of course, Lumin always got left out of those conversations.

A woman had run up to the lineup just then in a rather desperate manner and with a pleading tone, merely begged Horrus for medicine or help because her father had been ill, but Horrus' eyes did not show any signs of compassion. With a sharp glare, Horrus had backhanded the woman so she'd fallen to the ground and gawked up at him in horror. "Stupid girl, how dare you stand in my way!"

The Ho-oh was cut off however, by Lumin hurrying infront of him with outstretched arms and a rather worried look on his face. "Father please! You dont have to hit her! What will this violence solve?" He half shouted this at his father, only resulting in himself being shoved to the ground and out of the way as his father walked right past him with the rest of the guards.

Horrus only glanced back once at his son, a dark look on his face as he continued walking. "Know your place, boy! You will rule this land someday, and I will make you do it the right way, even if I must beat it into you're weak little skull!" The man spoke in a rather harsh tone as he headed through the tower gates, heading to the Royal towers most likely to discuss the missions.

All that was left, was Lumin sitting there on the ground as the people of the capital went about their business, acting as if nothing happened, but only out of fear of getting on their leader's bad side. Lumin even looked toward where the woman was before, but even she had run off. It were as if they dare not speak to him because of who he was, fearing what future he may hold.

With a deep sigh, the boy slowly stood up and brushed some dirt off his clothing, heading back out into the badlands so he could find a large enough rock to sit on and think about things in peace. He didnt know what he was supposed to do, he didnt want everyone to fear him in the future, nor did he want to take his fathers place in the first place. It were days like this that he'd almost wished that he had been born under another clan, but knew he would never obtain that casualty.
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:41 am

A teen Poochyena walked about the badlands. He was rather quiet. His clothing were somewhat nice than some of the peasants, but they were well-worn. Yoru was doing his usual stroll through the Badlands when he waited for his mother to return from her merchant job. It was odd seeing someone as old as him to not interact with his peers. Perhaps it was because he was a known outcast.

His mother was an Absol that traveled a lot and traded. She was one of the lucky few that had such permission. She was to keep the kingdom tight-lipped when she was in the other clan regions. Yoru did sometimes travel with her, but lately she kept him home. Everyday, Yoru would wait in the badlands for his mother's return. It was something he always looked forward to.

Yoru looked ahead and noticed a young boy sitting on a rock. As he got closer he realized it was the Prince. Yoru didn't seem to fear what could have been the consequences for speaking to royalty. "Hey, kid, shouldn't you be in the towers or something?" asked Yoru in a joking manner as he walked closer.
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Posts Posts : 330
Battle Points Battle Points : 45917

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Sun Nov 11, 2012 4:55 am

Lumin on a normal occasion would have answered right away if someone were addressing him, just because the person wasnt afraid to confront him. But in this case, when hearing a voice coming from a little ways away, the young Moltres only seemed to turn around slightly on the rock so he was still sitting on it but facing away from the other kid, the expression on his face a little difficult to read at the time, since he was feeling a mix of anger, sadness, and confusion all at the same time.

So in short, when the Poochyena asked him about being at the towers in a joking tone, the Moltres responded by turning away and letting out a low huff. "Like you care, go away..." He rested his chin on both his palms, his position looking rather odd for a prince to be sitting in, it was clear he was apparently off duty in his mind.

Lumin was normally a good kid, trying to be polite to everyone and be the better leader that anyone would hope for, unlike his father. But at times like this, the boy was left to just sit there and look rather depressing, shutting himself in and not allowing anyone to really get close to him. Besides, if anyone ever did get close to him, they usually either ended up in a dungeon, beaten on a street side, or dead.
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:03 am

Yoru seemed a little surprised by the Moltres' reply. "I can't go away. Mother might be coming back today. What are you so upset about?" He ignored Lumin's request to go and sat on the rock beside him. "You're not scaring me off." Yoru gave a smile. "I needed to rest my feet anyways."

Yoru ignored the fact that Lumin was royalty. To him, it was only a title. His father was a soldier, but it wasn't something he cared for. He didn't care about fighting. He only cared about looking at his surroundings and enjoying them. All his peers were in training to be guards. It was odd that he wasn't with them.
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:16 am

Lumin rolled his eyes at the older boy, clearly he wasnt going to give up. It was a little frustrating at first, he didnt even know this Poochyena so its not like it was any of his business what was wrong. Not that Lumin really wanted to admit anything was wrong, he was all too confused about what was right and wrong in his life, he liked to assume he knew better then his father but its not like he ever got to see the real side of all stories out in the world.

Turning away some more, Lumin glared out into the distance and growled a little under his breath at first before caving in. "Who cares what's wrong, it wont matter by the end of the day...I hate my father, he's so mean to people who need help..." He paused and allowed his gaze to fall a little, staring down at the ground infront of him. "...I thought being a leader was about helping people, but he doesnt help them at all, I dont get it...was I taught wrong..?"

He cut himself off to suddenly glare toward the Poochyena then, attempting to look as tough as he could, but obviously being a rather timid kid, he only looked childish trying. "Who the heck are you anyway, I shouldnt be talking to you" He crossed his arms and stood up suddenly. "It's none of your business"
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:31 am

Yoru was well aware of Horrus' actions. His mother was against it. She often vented to him without realizing that he's still young. He gave a chuckle at Lumin's attempt at being tough. He stood up as well. Due to age, Yoru was clearly taller than Lumin. "I don't listen to people younger than me, but my name is Yoru." He gave a curious look at Lumin. He didn't know whether he should have been ashamed or not of his current condition. "You're not that scary, kid. If you want to help the people, do it yourself. It'd have to be in secret, of course." Yoru was half serious and half taunting Lumin.
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:45 am

Lumin fell rather silent when he was told to do thinks himself, his body language clearly showing that he was rather uncomfortable with that idea for some reason. "I...can't" He glared off to the side for a moment before lifting an arm and pulled back the large sleeves to show a few bruises from back dragged around forcefully. He didnt have much evidence, but it was pretty clear he was very afraid of his father when it came to disobeying him.

"I tried that today, I tried to stop him from hurting a woman just cuz she needed help, and he pushed me to the ground like he didnt even care, I'm useless to him! If he finds out I'm doing something against his word he might..." He cut himself off to glare at the ground before sitting down on the rock again and throwing a small stone out infront of him in irritation. "He kills people, its his job to fight! And I just...hide" He sighed to himself and rested his head on his hands again.

His eyes glared up at Yoru a moment before looking ahead of himself again. "I dont even want to be a leader...I dont even like being a prince to begin with, I just wish I was a normal person, I hate this place" He kicked his foot gently at the ground below him in frustration as he said this. "I'm Lumin by the way...but you know what I am..."
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Sun Nov 11, 2012 5:54 am

So he's even merciless to his own... Yoru thought as he saw the bruises on Lumin's arm and heard the latest incident. "Being royalty's not what it's cracked up to be. It's just a label. I think some people would gladly trade their lives with yours." Yoru sat beside him and actually felt bad for Lumin. Though he wanted to do some something for him to cheer him up. "If it helps, I didn't want to be a soldier like my father. I hate the thought of fighting and killing. It's just not...me." Yoru looked towards the badlands. He could barely see the orphanage just above the horizon. "I guess that's something we agree on."
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:13 am

Lumin shook his head, agreeing to what Yoru had said about royalty. "Its really not...people assume I am like my father, or will be hurt if they talk to me...no one ever tries anymore..." He shifted on the rock and kept staring out toward the horizon, though his eyes fell upon the capital of Ara too, that was the last place he and his father were...a few people died that day, but he decided not to tell Yoru that part. Besides, if he told anyone of the deaths he had seen, there would only be all the more reason to fear or even hate him and his existence.

It was then that he looked over toward the orphanage then toward Yoru afterward. "What's over there..? That building...I've never visited it before, then again...I havent visited many places.." His voice lowered as he said this, becoming rather quiet at the thought. Then he shifted to face Yoru a little with a curious look on his face. "And where's this mom of yours anyway...? How long has she been gone..?"

Lumin was starting to worry now, what if this woman would not return? No one deserves to learn of that kind of thing when young, he'd hoped that nothing happened to her. He couldnt remember meeting anyone that resembled Yoru so maybe, just maybe, it was just his imagination going wild.
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:31 am

"I didn't think you were. You look too much like a...Slowpoke?" Yoru joked with a light chuckle. When Lumin asked about the orphanage, it made his heart leap. "That's the orphanage. Lady Naomi lives there and takes care of children who have lost their families. She also offers shelter to travelers. My mom and I would go there. The children are so happy. And Naomi...She's the most beautiful creature I've seen. I'm going to marry her someday.." Yoru didn't mind talking about his travels as long as it made Lumin feel better. "My mother left a few days ago, but she said this trip wouldn't be that long. Hopefully it won't be too long." Yoru then realized his father would be expecting him home from "training." Instead of worrying about it, he stayed where he was.
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Sun Nov 11, 2012 6:51 am

The young boy stared at Yoru and gave a little glare at him after hearing such a joke. "I am not a Slowpoke!" He huffed at Yoru and flapped his wings to cause a few small flames to spark off the feathers, fading once hitting the ground. "I am a Moltres, and I am not slow and dumb" He closed his eyes a moment just so he could ignore the other's silly little teasing.

"Children who have lost their families...? Does that mean she would take the kids that lost their homes here...?" He quieted down again as his thoughts protested with him. "Of course not...no one out there would help Corvus, they're all mad at us cuz of father.." He rolled his eyes when thinking of his father, feeling completely annoyed that his father would do such harmful things to such innocent looking places and people. "This Naomi lady sounds nice...but if she's an adult..wouldnt that be kinda weird..?" He gave Yoru a strange look as he asked this, clearly Yoru was not that old yet, and if Naomi was an adult, and Yoru were to grow up, then what age difference would that leave. Lumin was absolutely sure it was a lot.

When Yoru mentioned about his mother being gone for a few days though, Lumin's heart sunk a little. If she'd been meant to return quickly, and still had not returned yet, then his worries may have been true after all. His face looking rather upset as he decided himself that he would try confronting his father later, surely he would know something about this.

Looking to Yoru slowly, his expression was still rather serious but he dare not say what his thoughts were. "I will help you watch for your mother, you come here every day to check for her right..? I can meet you here whenever I am free"
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:15 am

Yoru gave a light chuckle at Lumin's reaction. "I'm sure she would if it wasn't for his majesty. The age doesn't matter if I'm going to be an adult myself. I hear she's almost a hundred years old, but she looks fantastic." Yoru could tell Lumin had a bad feeling about his mother's return. He had it too, but he refused to believe that his mother would be killed. "Sure, I don't mind. I'm sure you want to get away from your father as well..." Yoru said before he was interrupted.

"Yoru! What in the world are you doing?" roared a Mightyena in armor. He came closer and immediately recognized Lumin. "I do apologize Your Majesty. It seems my son doesn't know his place.." His father, Akira, bowed. Yoru only hid his head in shame.

"Sorry..." Yoru said quietly before going to Akira's side.

"You idiot! What were you thinking?" yelled Akira as the two started walking back. He was a little drunk.

"Father, you're drunk...I know what I was doing..." Yoru said. He only hoped his mother returned safely. He gave one last look at Lumin as if to say he was sorry for Akira's behavior.

"Don't talk back to me you failure of a son!" Akira continued to yell and humiliate Yoru in the town on their way home. "I know you quit the training I worked hard to get you in!" Yoru covered his face, knowing people were staring.

Their home was nice on the outside, but inside it was already piling up with bottles and food wrappers and boxes. Yoru only picked up the trash and moved it out of the way. Akira wasn't yelling as much when they returned since he got a hold of a fresh bottle of sake. "Yoru, you better not tell Lena about this. I'll have his Majesty kill you for being a bad son...*hick*...Get out of my sight..." Akira fell at the table and attempted to sit down.

Yoru gladly obeyed. He could hear the door knock and a woman come through. It clearly wasn't his mother. His mother never used such odd words towards Akira. "I'll never be like you..." Yoru mumbled as he tried to muffle the noises with his pillow. His window was bolted shut, and there was no way to escape. "Never will I give my body out like that..."
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Sun Nov 11, 2012 7:41 am

Lumin couldnt help but choke slightly when hearing Naomi's age group and gawked at Yoru even stranger now. "A hundred?? And you're STILL interested in her??" He leaned away from the other slightly, just a little weirded out by someone so young liking someone so incredibly older, his eyes glued to Yoru as if to keep an eye on him. Though he eased up a bit when Yoru agreed to meeting him there again, a small smile appeared on his face finally. It seemed to help him when feeling like he finally had someone he could actually talk to about things. "Alright then, I'll meet you here again when I'm free next.."

Though he was surprised when the loud voice rang out from behind them, causing him to jump up off the rock and gawk at the man standing before them. "W-Wuh..? No, he wasnt doing anything wrong!" He blinked and looked over the armor, immediately recognizing it as the armor of the guards of the kingdom. "He actually helped me a lot today so if you're one to scold him, you are actually the one who doesnt know their place, is it not a guards job to assist the royals?" He cut himself short at that and straightened out his outfit as he watched the two walk off. "Not that I know my place either.." He said this last bit too quietly for them to hear, his eyes watching them walk away.

Rubbing the back of his head, he sighed softly and stared at the ground. "I guess I better go back...I bet he's still too busy to even talk to me anyway.." His words were quiet, and spoken out in a low growl, he really had not had much hope for his father it seemed, he was starting to actually believe he hated his father and the existence of royalty in this land, it didnt do anyone any good. His eyes met with the land of Ara once more before slowly turning to return to the capital.

As usual, a few people would back off in a hurry to get out of his way. Any guard that was standing in the streets keeping an eye on things would straighten up as Lumin walked by, causing him to just roll his eyes at the action and continue walking on. "They're all the same, they always act like I'm some horrifying monster" He stepped up to the gates of the towers, the guards immediately opening the doors for him so he could enter.

"...And they're all foolish...for following such cruel orders and not realizing its wrong...if I...a child, a kid can see it...then why cant they..?" He asked himself this constantly, day in and day out, but he never would get the answer. Everything always just repeated itself.

Inside the towers, Lumin walked up to the main planning room, where his father normally discussed missions with knights. Leaning against the door gently to listen in for a bit only to find out that the next mission would have been in Vela, but they hadnt done anything wrong to begin with, why was his father going to attack there next? Lumin's eyes narrowed at the thought before shaking his head and hurrying to his room. "I just wont go...he can do it by himself!" He shoved the doors to his room open and closed them again behind himself so no one would barge in.

"I will talk to my father tomorrow...if I were to interupt him during his meeting.." Lumin cut himself off and looked down at his arm before shaking his head quickly and walking over to his bed, taking his cape off and setting it aside before dropping ontop of his bed. His eyes staring up at the ceiling a long while as he thought things through about how he would ask about such things when the time came. Before he could finish his planning, Lumin had fallen asleep ontop of his bed, just like that, it had been an exhausting day for him.
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Sun Nov 11, 2012 8:00 am

Yoru was finally able to sleep when his father left for morning patrol with a hangover. At least he won't be around, Yoru thought as he pulled the blankets over him. He was eager to meet up with Lumin again, so he decided to get some rest.

During his walk through town, Yoru could see how miserable the people were. He, like so few, prayed that a miracle would come. He made sure everyone could see him. He thought it was a sign that showed he meant no harm. Yoru wanted to do something to help the people, so he began thinking of ideas as he made his way to the badlands.

He waited in the same spot as before. All the while, he kept optimistic that things would turn out for the best.
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:48 am

Lumin slept in a little later then he usually did, when he'd started to come to, he immediately looked over to the time before bolting upright in his bed in a hurry. "Oh no..! I'll miss father" He leapt out of bed to get changed into a clean uniform, occasionally stumbling as he pulled his boots back on afterwards and clipped his cape on as usual. As quick as he could, he bolted out his bedroom door and down the hall, a maid calling out to him as she was just carrying his breakfast down to his room. "No time today, sorry!" He shouted this as he ran past her, though he atleast grabbed a slice of toast from the tray and chowed on that as he ran toward his father's room.

Coming to a slow stop at the large doors, he gently shoved one of them open and peered inside to see his father sitting at a fancy desk. "F-Father..? Can I ask you something?" Lumin's voice seemed to echo through the room as he slowly walked inside, it was actually quite a huge room compared to his own, it made it all the more strange walking inside. "Father on our last mission...did we...kill any innocent people?" He asked this in a rather quiet tone, his voice a little shaky, sure that his father would not be pleased with such a question.

Like expected, Horrus could only stare at Lumin for the longest time before narrowing his eyes in suspicion, slowly standing up from his desk. "What is this...? Never before have you asked about such a thing, besides what would it matter to you..." He grinned then and gestured around them. "You have a good life within these walls because of all I do...you have everything a kid could ever want, are you not happy with your father whom does his job efficiently...?" His voice became all the more intimidating as he said this, especially near the end of his last sentance. "Your good life comes with a price! Who cares what the price is!"

Lumin could only cringe slightly at his father's angry tone of voice, he always sounded so upset and Lumin just didnt see why. "But father...that isnt true! My life would be just fine whether I had all this or not...your job seems so...wrong" He closed his eyes a moment before glaring right back at his father then and tried his best to stand his ground against the large Ho-Oh. "You didnt answer my question father..! Did you or did you not kill innocent people on our mission..!?" The young boy attempted to raise his voice at this point, but it sounded pretty cracked at the same time, he was far too scared to really cause much of a threat.

Naturally, Horrus was unaffected by his own sons shouting, in fact it only seemed to irritate him that Lumin was asking such things and trying to say what he did was wrong. "Yes, I killed innocent people that day, I killed many! Anyone who stands in my way or defies my ruling pays for their betrayal!" He slowly stepped closer to Lumin after saying this, grabbing Lumin's arm with a gauntlet clad hand and holding him in place so he couldnt run. "In fact, if you dont start shutting your mouth...you will obtain your very own punishment for this sudden questioning! How dare you question my ways...? I am your father and you will listen!" With that, Horrus pulled out a small knife and slashed Lumin across the face with it in a quick motion, as if a warning to him to smarten up.

Lumin could only cringe as it all happened and finally stuggle out of his fathers grasp to put his hands to his face to cover what had happened, realizing that his face was bleeding pretty bad at the time. His own father had actually inflicted damage to him, and he MEANT it, Lumin didnt know what to do at this point knowing such a thing, he could only shake in fear and back off before running out of the room to get away from the man. It wasnt until now that Lumin realized just how much of an evil man his father was, and how much he himself hated his father.

The young boy ended up leaving the towers, occasionally being questioned by guards at the tower gates but ignoring them and continuing to slowly walk through the town, occasionally wiping at his face to try and clear the blood away as he walked, though his attempts failed pretty bad since the cut was still very fresh and actually pretty large. "...Stupid father...stupid towers...I wish it would all just go away...I wish he would just...die" He sniffed quietly as he held onto where he was cut with his hands, feeling like he wanted to just cry, but at the same time somehow avoiding it, as if his anger overpowered the feeling of sadness.

Lumin was just entering the badlands to look for his friend, but in a matter of moments, he had stopped in thought and realized he really didnt want to show Yoru what happened. Slowly he started to back up again and turn around to walk back toward the capital. Maybe the other wouldnt see him, then there wouldnt be any worrying or anything. Lumin knew that wasnt the answer, but he was scared.
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Mon Nov 12, 2012 2:56 am

Yoru noticed something in the horizon, but he couldn't see clear enough. "Lumin?" Yoru ran in the direction, hoping it was his one and only friend. Yoru had always been a little bit of a fast runner. He then noticed Lumin changing directions as if he saw Yoru. "Wait.." Yoru actually chased after him, not knowing where Lumin was going. He noticed some blood on the ground as he followed, and that made him run even more. "Lumin!" Yoru called out as loud as he could. He wanted to help him. Yoru worried Lumin took a fatal wound. "Lumin! Please!" Yoru shouted.
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:10 am

Lumin cringed as he heard his name being called, it seemed like he didnt make it out of sight fast enough, because he could tell Yoru was chasing after him. "I cant show him this..." He huffed and kept trying to wipe as much blood as he could away before hurrying away a little faster, though he didnt get very far, apparently when he ran back into the capital, he'd taken a wrong turn while he was trying to hide his cut. "..wuh..? I thought this was the way to.." He cut himself off before looking around slowly and realizing he had walked into an alleyway with only a dead end.

He was about to stretch his wings out to fly away but realized there wasnt enough room in the alley for his wings to stretch out all the way, which frustrated him quite a bit, how was he supposed to hide himself and what happened if he couldnt even seem to figure out his way around the capital when in a hurry? He growled to himself and kicked an old barrel over in anger, hating how his day had already begun.

Slowly, he walked down toward the end of the alleyway and sat down on the ground, laying his back against the wall and placing a hand to his face again, it was really starting to sting now, perhaps he should have washed himself up before even going out.
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:17 am

Yoru came to a skidding stop once he saw Lumin turn into an alleyway. "Lumin? Are ya okay?" Yoru ran up to Lumin and knelt in front of him. He was worried at what Lumin was hiding. "You need some help...You're lucky I brought my sack today. I also made some food." Yoru pulled out a sack of supplies. He took an unusually large flower petal and poured a clear substance on it. "This should clean and absorb the blood...Lumin...Please..." Yoru was very worried. He now came to resent Lumin's father more. He held out the petal for Lumin to put on his face.
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:32 am

Lumin turned away slightly when Yoru came into the alley, still attempting to hide what was wrong with him. He was still frustrated at himself for even trying to talk to his father, but at the same time he knew it wasnt his fault that his father was like that. Sometimes he wondered why his father was such a hateful and cruel man, but he was always far too nervous to ask such a thing, fearing that what happened today would happen then.

When Yoru started going on about how he was lucky that he had this sack and such, Lumin just seemed to cringe at the single word, lucky. "...Lucky...I wish I actually was lucky...I wish a flaming meteor came crashing down and burned my father to nothing so that people would no longer die..!" His voice sounded very upset by this point, it was clear he was tired of his father pushing him around like this. "If I was lucky..? I wouldnt have been given such a warning!" He said this as he took his hands away from his face to reveal the cut across it. "I hate him...I hope he dies on his next mission...surely Vela will have someone so strong that he will fall...?" He sniffed again after saying this, narrowing his eyes as he stared off into space.

When offered the flower petal, he did take it but for a moment he merely stared at it in his hands, his thoughts more directed toward what had happened earlier. "All I did...was ask a question...and he gave me punishment for it.." He sighed to himself and tugged his knees in toward his chest, slowly raising the flower petal to touch it to the cut, cringing the second it touched. "ouch..!"
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Mon Nov 12, 2012 3:41 am

Yoru gave a sigh. He felt rather useless when he heard Lumin speaking. Perhaps him listening was what Lumin needed. "Hold the petal there..." Yoru said with a light sigh. "Maybe your time will come to show him... You look like you could fight if you toughened up a bit." Yoru gave a soft smile at Lumin. He didn't judge him for being royalty, nor for what his father had done. "You don't have to hide anything from me, Lumin. I know we just met, but you're not a bad friend at all."
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:02 am

Lumin shook his head at Yoru rather quickly, protesting against himself fighting his own father. "I want to! But I cant...think about it, he has a bunch of knights and guards! What am I supposed to do if I'm outnumbered... There has to be another way to stop him..." He growled slightly at just the thought of his father and placed the petal back on the cut, he still cringed at first but once it was on the cut it didnt bother him as much. "...I'm his own kind...he knows the tricks I know...the only things I dont think he knows is how to control fire the way I do and how to move quickly..."

He looked up at Yoru and frowned slightly then. "He knows my weakness, Yoru...I cant just walk up to him and challenge him...." He paused a moment and looked away. "I bet you didnt know that if the fire on my wings go out, I'll pass out...they're the reflection of my energy" He smiled a little after saying this, as if he knew something else about it. "But if lava touches my wings after, I'll wake up again...I dont know if just a hot fire would work, I've never tried..."

He took the petal away from his face to look at it, noticing it was rather tainted from the blood that was around the area. "...I asked him about the last mission we were on...he says he killed innocent people in Ara...I hope your friends at that orphanage on your mom are okay...do you think they were hiding...?" He asked this in a worried tone, placing the petal back to his face.
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Mon Nov 12, 2012 4:30 am

"Well, then I'll just have to find a weakness for him. I'm good at that sort of thing." Yoru didn't delve too much into reconnaissance, but he knew it was possible for him/ Yoru's ears lowered when Lumin mentioned about his father killing the innocent in Ara. He didn't want to think that his mother was killed. "I don't know...Naomi is not a one to take crap from anybody...As for my mother...She's not a fighter..." Yoru then held the bandage up to Lumin's face. "Keep this on for a few days.." Yoru sat beside Lumin and pulled out two lunchboxes. "Here you go. I bet you're hungry."
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Mon Nov 12, 2012 6:57 am

Lumin blinked up at Yoru, a little shocked he was actually pretty much saying he'd help him get rid of his father. Any normal person would have surely thought Lumin had just gone insane from the pain, but Yoru atleast seemed to understand why he was saying such things about his father. "If you do that though...you might get in trouble or get hurt too..." He frowned slightly, though his expression changed rather fast when the bandage was suddenly held in his face, taking it himself to put it on since it seemed like he didnt want to risk cringing more then he was used to just from his own touch to the wound.

Looking over his hands, he rolled his eyes at the blood from before and pulled a cloth from a pocket to wipe his hands off on. "Well...he never said he killed or even hurt your mom...and we didnt go near the orphanage yesterday, not unless he snuck off...I dont know if he did" He thought for a moment, trying to remember their mission. He was sure that he didnt go near the orphanage, so if his father went anywhere near there, he went alone or with a small troupe. "...I think its still possible your mom's okay, she visits this Naomi person alot right? Maybe we can check sometime..."

Lumin kind of shifted nervously, his eyes looking up toward the streets a moment. "I uh...actually kind of ran away from home today...he doesnt know where I am, so I wouldnt worry too much about getting in trouble..." He smiled a little at Yoru for only a short moment, his eyes looking down at the lunch box that was handed to him. "huh..? Wait, you made us a lunch..? I did skip breakfast to talk to father and meet you here, so I guess thats a good thing"
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Mon Nov 12, 2012 7:28 am

"It's fine.. It's better than being at home with my old man.." Yoru munched on his bun as he spoke. He thought about what Lumin said. There was some hope after all. "My dad isn't going to look for me, either. How about we go camping? I know this place where no one will notice. The guards don't even patrol there, so it's practically an abandoned spot." Yoru seemed happier around his new friend. "Here, this will help you wash your hands." Yoru pulled out another bottle and handed it to Lumin.
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next