Unova League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Distance Between Stars - Aura and Cygnus

Go down

Distance Between Stars - Aura and Cygnus  Empty Distance Between Stars - Aura and Cygnus

Post  Cygnus Wed Oct 24, 2012 4:39 pm

Hello, this is where I'll stick my background story for both of my characters, Aura and Cygnus. It's still ongoing, so sorry if you see some errors. Especially since I have a habit of typing "rayquaza" or "reshiram" instead of their actual names (that's what I used to do on dA) LOL. Okay~ woop~

"Aura.... The dragon of truth."

She blinked at sat up immediately at the sound of the man's voice in her head, reliving a past event. Sweat trickled down her forehead in little beads as she breathed heavily, staring out into the darkness. She drew her knees up to her chest and held them tightly as she took a few moments to calm herself, beginning to realize that no one was actually there and it was just her - alone. She gave a sigh of relief and nuzzled into her knees, closing her heavy eyes sleepily and whimpered. It had seemed like forever that she'd been traveling.

The last time that she had saw him... Staring back at her with golden eyes as equally confused as she - both uncertain of what to say. It was the only thing he could offer her as the gift of freedom; the advice to run away while she still could. That had not been the plan. She wanted to stay and help him, she wanted to learn more about the "truth," and even though he had told her repeatedly that she was the truth - she did not know anything. What truth lay within her if she knew not even a lie?

But her breath fogged in the cold night air when she released another heavy sigh, knowing that she would not return to sleep. Instead she had risen from the leaves she lay in, and stretched her wings. Lifting her chin she looked up at the moon, still high in the sky and shining brilliantly. It didn't take much before she lost herself in the numerous stars that twinkled beside it; how close they all seemed from here.

After she found herself from a quick daydream she began to walk through the forest, her wings dragging behind her and collecting dust as she went, too tired to care for them at the moment. They were a nuisance that was for sure. The sound of twigs cracking in the distance made her perk up her head, as she jumped between the trees she peered around its mighty trunk to investigate. There was nothing, of course, probably a small animal scurrying around looking for food. Her gaze eased, the coast was clear, and she continued.

It felt like she'd been walking for hours, her feet began to ache. She found a couple rocks neatly fallen beside a stream where she sat and stared down into the water, glancing at her reflection. She looked like a mess, her hair fallen over her shoulders and face; dress stained with dirt and dust where she'd gotten stuck in brush and slept on the cold ground. What could she do about it, if there was no where else to go?

She dipped her hands in the water and brought it up to her cheek, smearing some of the dirt off and cleaning her skin of the texture. It was cold, but even colder once the breeze picked up and hit her. Though something in the wind had shifted, and it made her tense. The ground began to rumble and pebbles shake. She winced and looked around for a place to hide, but she had ventured out into an open field. Instead of running, she froze and lifted her wings, flinching as she drew them out in front of her and hid behind the feathers, hoping that she would not be attacked.

Peeking through her fingers she watched as a magnificent being flew by, almost so fast her eyes could not catch it. Unable to make out too many of its features, she noticed it looked similar to a dragon, with a silver face. Odd... She thought, it certainly reminded her of someone else she knew quite some time ago...

Shaking her head from the bad thoughts, she decided it was time to find a real shelter, and stop being so careless. If this thing she had to protect was really real, then she had better take it seriously instead of being so.. helpless. Though it was certainly hard, when there was no guidance, especially since she knew not what to do...

As soon as she rose to dust herself off, she heard a voice sneak through the silence.

"Why, hello there."

She quickly turned around, her eyes widening in fear as she stared at the owner, his red eyes flashing. They felt like a thousand knives on her when he stared back; his black hair fell a bit over his face and most of his features covered by what looked like armor.

"It's been...quite a while, huh, Aura?" He winked and put his hands behind his back, holding them in one another as he paced in a circle around her. "Brother told me you weren't too far away, boy was he right, you really aren't that good at hide and seek, are you?"

Aura threw her hands down in front of her and lowered her head, "Leave me alone!" She lifted her wings defensively.

The man tilted his head and blinked, glancing over at her. "What's the matter? Don't you remember me?"

Aura looked back at him, studying him hard, for a long time before she recognized his features. He seemed familiar... but...

"Let me guess... Cygnus brainwashed you, didn't he? You poor thing." The man reached out his hand to touch her cheek, stroking it softly. "You've been alone for too long, haven't you? It must be scary out here in this big world by yourself."

Aura's lip quivered, she knew it was the truth, or at least her heart sure made it seem that way. All of the pain from being alone flooded her thoughts and she gave in, whimpering softly trying to hold back her tears. "Noctis. That's your name. Your name is Noctis. I didn't forget it."

Noctis eased and returned his hand to his side, slightly grinning to himself. "That's a good girl. Why don't you come home, where you belong?"

Aura lifted her head. "I could come home?"

"Why certainly," He replied.

"I... wasn't banished?"

"Banished? Is that what Cygnus told you?"

She shook her head. "No... but.. I thought.... the truth.."

Noctis blinked. "The truth, what truth is that?"

She shook her head once more, grasping her temples. "The truth... I... I don't know!" She flinched again and closed her eyes tightly.

"There, there," Noctis fed her false concern as he pulled her into his arms. "Everything will be alright."

Aura let him hold her for a few moments, it felt nice to feel the warmth of another being. It felt nice to be around someone she knew, even though a pang of guilt tugged on her heart, and for some reason, she had a bad feeling about him being there. It was so easy to give into temptation...

"Where is Cygnus?" Aura asked, breaking the silence.

"Don't worry about him." Noctis released her and turned to raise his hand, creating a portal from a dark magic that came from his palms. "Brother takes very well care of traitor's like him."

Aura winced. "Traitor?"
Noctis nodded. "Let's go home."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been a long time since she had stepped into the palace. It was full of pureness and marble pillars that held its structure together, glistening brilliantly against the sun's warm rays of light. She gazed in awe, her heart swirling with anticipation that she had finally gotten to return home. Noctis looked down at her through the corner of his eye and gave a sly smile. "I see you can hardly contain your excitement," He said as he continued forward, with her following behind him.

They walked to one side of the room where it was decorated with beautiful vines and roses, in front a small white table was lined with papers and fruits neatly collected in a decorative bowl. Aura looked up as she noticed a figure leaning against one of the pillars near them. Noctis waved his hand, flagging the other man down. "I've returned, brother!" He said cheerfully. "Look who I have brought with me!"

The being did not move from his position, but she noticed his eyes slowly slid to glance over at them, seemingly without interest, until he shifted his legs and moved to face them. Immediately he crossed his arms, revealing a very confident pose. He was certainly intimidating, if anything. The silver from his headpiece caught a ray of light and shimmered, she winced as she recalled the being that flew over head earlier, it had been wearing something similar. No, she thought, I was dreaming. A day dream.

"Aura, it has been a long time." The voice was calm, but charming as it came, "It is a shame we have had to spend such years away from one another. Yet, that is not your fault, of course."

He turned back around and put his hand on the balcony's guard, sliding his fingers across the smooth surface as he looked up at the sky. He stared at it long and hard, almost as if he was reading something from it. Aura watched him, her head slightly tilting to observe him.

"Why," he began, "did you run from us?"

Aura blinked. She hadn't really known the answer to that question. The only thing she could think of was the day that Cygnus told her to flee, that was all she could remember. All of the other pieces seemed to be missing. "I... don't know."

"Had Cygnus said something to you?"

She stared at the back of his head, unsure of if it was still safe or not to trust him. They seemed so inviting, and to care about her, unlike Cygnus whose cold words was the one who got her in this situation. Her memories were beginning to become less and less credible....

Giving in, she nodded. "He said, I have the truth."

There was a long pause, silence flooded the room and drowned any other thought before it could become words. Noctis was still grinning, but even he said nothing as he patiently awaited his 'brother's' motive.

Kaiser chuckled a little, and it wasn't long before he was bursting out into laughter. Aura was confused, so she remained silent, unsure of what was funny about it. The truth... maybe it was just imaginary.

"What truth is that?" Kaiser asked.

"I questioned the same thing, my brother." Noctis giggled as well.

Aura shook her head, bringing her hands up to her temples like before. "I... I don't know."

Kaiser turned back around, a big smile on his face, but when he looked down at noticed her, his expression shifted quickly to serious. His golden eyes staring down on her... when she looked up at him to see his reaction, she saw Cygnus for a brief moment, until reality shook her. They both had the same eyes. Cold, harsh, uninviting...

"Dragon of truth," Kaiser addressed her, "who knows not truth."

Aura looked at the ground and said nothing. Noctis listened in, looking quite prepared and interested in the leader's speech.

"Do you wish to know the truth?" Kaiser began to pace as he spoke. "Cygnus is the liar. He convinced you to leave us for his own benefit; the very day that you left he rose his sword to me - his own blood - and threatened the end of my days should I not resign my title."

Aura closed her eyes. Something about what he was saying did not seem right at all...

"Do you not see it, Aura? We should not obey humans, we are the ones with power, and knowledge. How dare our kind be the ones to submit to the filth that inhabits the good lands below? The day father introduced the humans and demand we bow in their honor - I knew immediately that I would not be the one to do so. My heart was filled by vengeance and I went to father many times. He only scolded me and my apparently closed-minded ways. I was cast out as an exile, and a disgrace. I thought that title was unfitting, and I swore that I would have my revenge..."

"However, I soon learned that I was not the only one who felt this way. What of the rest of our brothers and sisters? Rouge, Altair, Noctis - you, what of you, Aura? Where do you stand? On this so called side of light? I do not know all of what Cygnus has taught you - but if you believe that he has shown you ways without darkness - then that too, is a lie. There is darkness in the heart of every being."

Kaiser paused and looked at her. "Without darkness, there could be no light. Without day, without night."

Aura looked up to him. "Then what is right and wrong? I do not understand."
Kaiser smiled. "A matter of opinion."

Noctis nodded, "It seems she does not understand."

"Unfortunate," Kaiser added, "She has not been exposed to what we have, we must make an exception. Shall you take her to him?"

Noctis lowered his head and smiled. "Certainly, m'lord."

"So long as a being is enabled the freedom to think, and the individual to be allowed difference, then two men will not think the same. Their differences is what drives them to fight, but sometimes, it can also bring them together, remember this." Kaiser approached her, looking her straight in the eyes.

"What you may see as wrong, your brother may see as right..." He whispered, "...be careful who you choose."

Noctis took her hand and tugged her away, leading her into another room. Aura looked back as they walked, watching as Kaiser returned to the balcony to stare out at the sky. Noctis lead her through a long hallway that seemed to go on for eternity. There was not much to it, white walls and white floors, that light flickered through the vines overhead and created dancing shadows in the wind when it blew.

When they finally reached their destination, the scene grew darker. It was a place not touched by the light, darkness filled the room and cold bars caged in spaces that were once filled by undesirables. There seemed to be another being in the room, trapped inside one of the cages. He sat on a bench inside and stared long and hard at the ground that was covered in puddles from the leaky water.

Noctis smiled and let her go, turning around to leave her and the stranger in the same room. She was unsure why, and a little frightened, it was almost too dark to see his face. The man listened until the footsteps disappeared, and when it was safe he lifted his head, looking up to stare over at the girl, seeing she was returning his gaze.

She took a moment to study his features, the dim light made it difficult but she strained her eyes to see. Her heart beat was slow and felt as if it would stop, when she finally recognized him, she rushed to the bars and tried to stick her hands through it to touch him, but he drew away.

"Why did you come back here?" His voice was deep, and cold. Such as it had always been, even when she knew him back then. Ebony strands of hair fell forward, covering him like a fallen angel, his eyes closed.

"Are you not happy to see me? Such as I am you?" Aura made the disappointment in her voice apparent, still trying desperately to touch him.

"You disobeyed me." He growled, and she withdrew her hand.

"It is okay now. I was not banished. I am fine, you see?" She half smiled, trying to make him understand the words that Kaiser had told her. "He told me it is not us. It is the humans, the humans are the bad ones."

Cygnus winced. "Do you call me a liar?"

Aura shook her head. "I never said it."

"I told you to leave." His eyes began to glow, "Why have you dishonored my wishes?!"

She backed away a little, whimpering in fear. Once he noticed her reaction he tried his best to calm himself, but his anger was already made known. He sat back down and returned to his previous pose with a heavy sigh.

"Each day that passes... I become more like father..." His voice was softer now.

Aura moved closer again, and sat down in front of the cage on the ground, caring not for how much it would dirty her dress. It was already stained. Cygnus looked over to observe her. He could tell she'd been out in the world by herself, and too helpless to care for her well being. She was dirty, and scratched up here and there, it looked as if she hadn't eaten for a while. There was only a little flicker of hope still left in her eyes.

"What happened to him?" Aura asked. "What happened to you?"

Cygnus turned his face away. "He was a good man. He was just in pain. I was too arrogant to see it," he sighed, "On the day that he separated all of us, I went to him, and I asked him, 'Why do you do this to your children? Why have you let your heart become so cold?' He turned to me and struck me so hard I found myself in next week, bloodied and bruised. I had never felt so terrified or so much pain, that I never dare questioned him again. But when I saw his head fall, and mother place her hand on his shoulder, there was such remorse in my heart that I picked up a sword and I ran to Kaiser, and vowed to slay him."

"But why? Why kill Kaiser? What did he do?" She asked.

"He is the one who started all of this. His jealousy. Kaiser is a man of good word, he can convince the wealthy to steal if he wished. As a matter of fact, his words is what got me in this place." Cygnus shook his head. "He has claimed my throne, talking the others into believing that what he is doing is what is correct. That they too, must find a reason to hate the mortals. It is not what is right. They turn to the lies because they do not want to hear the truth."

"The truth..." She repeated. "You said... something about me and the truth....I don't know any truth...."

Cygnus looked at her. "When the time is right, it shall come to you."

He stopped as he heard footsteps approaching. His voice turned to a harsh whisper as he tried to finish what he was saying, "Until then, do not believe Kai-"

"Aura, surely you'd like to reunite with the others. I think he has given more than enough time to explain himself." Noctis was met at the door, and he shot Cygnus a hateful glare. "Maybe you have a better understanding of what is right and what is wrong."

Aura shook her head, "I still don't---"

"Come, now," he insisted, reaching for her hand again.
She pulled away. "I need more time!"

Noctis gripped her wrist and tugged her from the room. She looked back at Cygnus for help, but he had lowered his head, refusing to see. He knew he was defeated, even though deep inside all of his hate was gathering like a huge storm. He listened to the girl struggle and it wasn't long before the room was silent again, all except for the sound of dripping water.

"I am sorry," he whispered.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TBC
Cygnus
Cygnus
Vela
Vela

Posts Posts : 109
Battle Points Battle Points : 43385

Back to top Go down

Distance Between Stars - Aura and Cygnus  Empty Re: Distance Between Stars - Aura and Cygnus

Post  Cygnus Tue Oct 30, 2012 10:27 pm

??? placed his hand on the boy's head, patting him lovingly as they stared out to the vast horizon. There was not much to the land as it was still new, foliage had just barely began to peek out from the soils of the land and be kissed by the sun that brought it warmth and food. Cygnus watched observantly, staring with bright yellow eyes as his father released him and walked foward.

"Over time, this world will flourish, and be envied by even the Gods." He spoke, looking down at the boy who stared back at him with such awe, "You must learn the ways of this planet, so when it is that my time has come to pass, you shall be the one who will carry out my legacy."

"I get to be just like you?" The young boy stood on his tip toes excitedly, trying to make his height as equivalent as his father's.

The man nodded and smiled, but when he looked over to the distance he saw two other boys throwing rocks at one another and chasing each other with sticks. ??? grabbed Cygnus's shoulders and turned him around.

"There is another thing you must learn..." He added, "You must not follow in their footsteps."

Cygnus tilted his head. "I can't play warriors either?"

??? winced. "There is no time for play when you have a role to fill. You must set a better example for your brothers, so that they may follow you."

"Is it a game of follow the leader?" Cygnus asked.

"No." ??? shook his head and sighed, trying to think of a simpler way to explain it to him. "In this world... There are those born as leaders, and those born as followers."

"What about me?"

"You will be a leader."

"So every one has to listen to me?"

"Within reason." ??? looked at him. "There is a difference between being a leader, and a tyrant."

"What is a tyrant?" Cygnus blinked.

??? turned away and began to walk back towards the bushes that had begun to grow. He fondled the little blossoms that stemmed from them with such tenderness and care, knowing his son was watching his every move.

"A good leader will inspire the ones around him and listen to them and accept their differences," He patted the blossoms, "...but a bad leader will deceive them and deny their rights." He crushed the tiny flower in his hand and the bush began to turn black, eventually fading to ash and sweeping away with a strong breeze. Cygnus stood there motionless and astounded at his power.

"How do I know how to be a good leader?" He ran up to his father and tugged on his robes.
??? looked down at him again, his gaze easing. He put his hand back at the top of his head and ran his fingers through his hair. "It is your destiny."

~~~~

Later that evening, Cygnus was sweeping the floors of the palace while he heard a cry, and he glanced up at his brothers still playing in the garden. Altair and Rogue had teamed up against Aura, and she was whimpering and trying to escape their makeshift swords as they chased her around the rose bushes. Cygnus picked up his broom and jumped out in front of them, taking a defensive stance. The two stopped immediately and stared at him.

"Leave her alone!" Cygnus growled a warning.

"Oh yeah? What're you ganna do about it?!" Altair cackled.

"Yeah, get outta the way." Rogue giggled.

"You will listen to me, I am the leader!" Cygnus lowered his head in a more serious expression but it only furthered to humor the two. "Stop laughing, shut up!"

Aura looked at Cygnus. "It's okay big brother," She whispered under their giggles, "You don't have to try so hard."

Cygnus winced and shrugged his shoulders. "...I can't do it..." He lowered his broom, his fingers slipping from its handle with disappointment. "I can't please father."

"That's because you're stupid." Altair looked back at him. "I'll show you a REAL leader!" He raised his fake sword and charged after him.

"ENOUGH!"

A booming voice came from the other end, and every one of them stopped immediately with their heart beats, as their eyes widened in terror. They knew who it was before he approached. "Cygnus! I have told you not to involve yourself in such child's play. What are you doing here?" ??? questioned as he shooed him off. "Altair! Dare you question me?"

Altair blinked and shook his head quickly. "N-no father..." His voice was a hushed whisper.

Cygnus went back inside and continued, not looking out at all of them, but he could still hear father's scolding words at the other boys, except for Aura who had really done nothing wrong. ??? retreated back to the pillars from where he had taken notice of their hollering where the servant woman awaited.

She gazed over at Cygnus who was working so hard, while the others ran about freely. "My lord, do you not think you are too hard on him?"

"He will one day take my place, there is no such thing as being hard on him." ??? lifted his drink.

"He has not had one chance to be a kid like your other boys." She reminded him.

"You bring this to my attention each time I send him an errand. He must learn responsibility."

"What of the others? Do you see failure in their future?"

"I have higher priorities for the first born."

She winced, almost appalled at the answer. "Your children... Are they not equal to you?"

??? growled and glared at her, warning her to shut it down immediately.

"I am not questioning you, my lord." She added before she turned her heel to leave. "I am simply advising you give the poor child a break..."

??? ignored her and looked back at Cygnus. How swiftly he moved the broom from side to side, clutching it tightly as if his life depended on the chore, even though the floor was already so spotless he went over it one thousand times more until he would deem it worthy enough for father, then run back to ??? to ask him if it was good enough, and each time he would ask, he would be sent back to do it over again.

~~~

Cygnus was running down the hallways, knowing he was late for the meeting he was going to have with father, when he bumped into Kaiser.

"Watch where you're going, bug." Kaiser grumbled coolly.

"I am sorry. I am late, please do not fight with me." Cygnus blinked.

"Late, for what?" Kaiser grabbed his wrist and pulled him closer.

"To meet father!"

"How come the rest of us don't have to meet father?"

"...I don't know..."

Kaiser grinned deviously and thought for a moment. He released Cygnus's hand and watch him rub his wrist before he began to pace around him like a hungry lion. "You know why father is so hard on you, don't you...."

Cygnus winced, "Why is that?"

"Because he hates you! None of us ever have to do the stuff that you do. Obviously you are the least favorite. One day, I'm going to take father's place and you'll still be sweeping the floors of my palace." Kaiser laughed.

"Never!" Cygnus barked and ran off. As he ran, he could hear Kaiser's laughing ringing through his ears. He bit his lip trying to fight back tears. Surely father could never hate him. He was the one who would be the leader, that is why he worked so hard...

Right?

Cygnus blinked from the day dream and stared at the opposing wall from the cell. He hadn't seen Aura or heard of her since Noctis had come in to check on him and give him some food. If it weren't for his lack of energy he would have bust out of this place a long time ago, and slain every one. Since that day, he had never been able to control his anger very well, but then again, it was hard to make him too angry.

Everything was trivial to him. It seemed like he had already lost the fight. The one he was meant to defeat had already defeated him in his place. Aura was his only hope now. Even so, she did not understand the conflict.

Cygnus brought his palm up to observe it, and closed his eyes to make it glow a faint black. When he waited for the cell rats to scurry by, he thrust his hand towards one of them. Come to me, Cygnus whispered in his head, and waited patiently. Sure enough, the rat moved closer and stopped right before the beginning of the bars. He released it from his control and brought his hand up to his head. It took a lot of energy to use that power, he thought, and lay his head back against the wall to rest. It wouldn't be long before he was ready...
Cygnus
Cygnus
Vela
Vela

Back to top Go down

Distance Between Stars - Aura and Cygnus  Empty Re: Distance Between Stars - Aura and Cygnus

Post  Cygnus Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:53 am

"Huuaaaah!"

The servant woman watched the boy as he slung around a toy sword, but unlike the other boys he was not playing. He was training to become a warrior. She watched him with somewhat of a saddened expression. If only the boy had more days to play and be a kid before it was time, then he would have done so much better.

It was getting dark out, the sky was turning purple as the sun had started to set. Still the boy swung around this way and that, each time drawing back one thousand times stronger than the last swing, pretending in his mind that his father was watching him. He would do anything to make that man proud, she thought, even give up his childhood.

"Come child, don't you want to rest for a bit? You have been at it all day. There is no one here to teach you at this late." She shook her head.

Cygnus didn't quit his training, but he looked at her for a short moment. "I can't." He said, "I have to work harder."

"You have to work yourself to death?" She asked.

"I have to work harder, because I have to be the leader," He said triumphantly, "but not any leader - a good leader! Just like father!"

She sighed. "Your father..."

Cygnus stopped and looked over at her. She seemed even more sad then before. He walked over to her with his sword in his hand. "Why do you always look at me that way?"

She blinked, and half smiled, but it quickly faded.

"Do you think father really hates me?" He lowered his head.

She blinked again. "Hates you? Who on Earth told you such a thing?"

Cygnus thought for a moment. It wasn't right to be a tattletale, and then he turned and asked himself if it even really bothered him. He had spent all day taking out his rage towards Kaiser on the grass that he cut. "It doesn't matter," He said, "Nevermind."

Cygnus turned around and looked over at the setting sun. It glittered over the horizon, the world was getting dark. "One day, I am going to hold a real sword. I can't play with it." He thrust his out infront of him, and let it glisten in the light. "Because then, I won't be a boy. I will be a man. They will look up to me."

She was dumbfounded. She had never heard the boy speak that way. All of the things that ??? made him do, even at that - in solitude, had definitely affected his mindset, just as she had suspected.

"That may be so, but there is no rush to become a man. You needed time to enjoy yourself as a boy," She whispered. "What kind of life is a life that is so serious, that one cannot laugh when all he does is grimace."

Cygnus looked over his shoulder, "Things like that are for children."

"You are a child." She insisted. He would not hear it.

He shook his head. "Not much longer. In a few months, I am going to be like the yearlings."

"So set in your ways," She sighed, "Just like your father."

Cygnus smiled and huffed his chest out, pretending to act intimidating. He walked back out into the garden, "I will be done in a little bit. Don't worry about me."

She nodded, and let him go.

"Aura, my dear. You're back." Kaiser smiled. "You are just in time. Here shortly I am going to give my acceptance speech for the role of supreme ruler. Once I am finished, my ambitions will have only begun to be realized."

Aura looked at him, blinking before she glanced over at Noctis. "Why do you have Cygnus locked up?" She huffed stubbornly.

Kaiser raised his brow as he looked over at Noctis, who looked back at him as equally confused. Apparently, Aura had missed the entire point of his previous speech on what is right and what is wrong. Instead, he shook his head, realizing he must make a more simpler approach.

"If I were to let him out, he would not want me to accept it." Kaiser shrugged his shoulders. "That is bad for me."

Aura tilted her head. "Why?"

Kaiser brought his fingers up to his temples and began to rub them. "Nevermind that. I have something more important to address, this time it involves you."

Kaiser took her hand and brought it up to his lips, kissing them with a devious smile. "My sweet sister, Aura, the dragon of truth..." He let go of her gently, sliding his fingers across her palm, "Will you not grace us with your pureness, your innocence? Join us in this rebellion against the one who wishes our suffering. Leave behind the memories of your past self and begin anew with us an era of eternal happiness - where there will be no more separation and no more anxieties."

Aura lowered her head, unsure of what to say. Kaiser observed her expression, reading her very clearly.

"Your brothers shall support you and defend you against any one who dare to cause you harm. We will create this allegiance based on our own blood, and inspire the others who may - but shall never - become like us. When we greet the people, we will give a face of pride and honor."

"Is that not misleading them?" Aura asked.

"What does it matter? They will believe in what is their best interest. If we create an image for them to follow, then a uniform shall be made. They will gather and do our bidding, and you shall be treated like a queen." He grinned.

"A queen..." She sighed, "...it does not seem right..."

"Right and wrong are a matter of opinion, remember?" Kaiser mentioned as he began to pace. "Who is any one to say that my ideas were not born with me - and that I am a liar? Do you know the answer, dragon of truth?"

Aura looked up at him, and fell silent.

~~~

Cygnus shifted in his chains, closing his eyes and trying to summon more energy from the ground, but considering there was no life inside of this prison it made it harder to sap its forces to use for his own intents. Perhaps he could try one more time...

"Guard!" He kicked the bars of the cell, trying to make as much noise as possible.

The door creaked open as an Mightyena grumbled, poking his staff at the man inside and banging it on the floor to signal to him to stop the commotion. "What is it that you need, slave?"

"I wish to confess to my crimes," Cygnus spoke softly, but his voice nothing but a lie.

"Is that so?" The guard grinned and approached him, kneeling down to get on his eye level. "Go ahead, I am listening."

Cygnus's eyes began to glow green as he strained his body to conjure more power. "Come to me," He said softly.

The guard's pupils faded for a brief moment as got as close to the bars as he possibly could. Cygnus reached through and while the man stood there, he grabbed the keys and quickly undid the binds keeping his ankles together. His head began to hurt, but he ignored it and continued. "Open this door."

The guard did so, the bars swung open quickly after he had unlocked them. Cygnus grabbed his sword that was strapped to his belt and swung in a circle, dragging it across his throat . His head fell forward and Cygnus sat him back inside the cell, stringing the chains along him so it looked as if he had never left. He quickly kicked dirt over the blood, enough to hide what had already soaked and materialized.

After that, he reached for the door. Walking down the hallways, a few guards took notice and rushed after him with his spears. He ducked from a swing as it knocked into the other guard. Swinging his leg around he tripped one and jumped up quickly to slash at another.

It wasn't long before the guard was back on his feet and rushed to swipe at his chest, but Cygnus quickly side-stepped and it just barely brushed his shoulder. He drew his sword out infront of the man, going right through his stomach as he ran it through his side when he turned his heel quickly, to come up and hit the other in the chin with its hilt.

They fell to the ground and Cygnus stared towards the direction he had seen Noctis take Aura, with hate swirling in his irises. It seemed that there were not many in the palace however, which was odd. He heard the roar of a crowd and followed it all the way to a podium. He hid behind one of the pillars, listening in as he heard Kaiser's voice booming over the sound of their cheers.

"For so long we have felt the torment mortals bring upon us, enslaving us to do what they cannot.... Who are we to bow before them?" Kaiser ranted, "Join together with me my brothers and sisters, and we shall show the world our true power!"

They roared fiercely, chanting something that Cygnus could not make out.

"On this day, I introduce my lovely younger sister, Aura. I shall ask her the same question," He brought his hand out, showing her around to the crowd, "Will you join us mighty Aura? Show the ignorant the truth in their ways!"

Everyone fell silent, awaiting her answer.

Aura looked down at them all. They had all gathered here today for the same reason. They wanted their faith restored, they wanted to hope again. She could not understand why humans and Pokemon could not get along. She remembered father did, so why not them? Kaiser believed differently, but she was not sure if what he believed was right. At least, that is what she felt in her heart. The rally was indeed successful, and Kaiser was so happy, what would happen if she said no? They would all certainly hate her, She thought, would she not be destroying their faith? She lowered her head and bit her lip, bangs covering her face to hide her expression.

"Yes," she said softly, "I must do what is right..."

Kaiser grabbed her hand and thrust their fists into the air. "Aura, the dragon of truth!"

The crowd cheered again, clapping and hollering out praises as they jumped up and down excitedly, throwing confetti and other celebrations in the air. "Should any one deny us our right, speak now!" Kaiser called out, "Tell me - am I the only one feeling accomplishment right now?! Say it!"

"I object."

Everyone froze and the cheers died immediately. They turned toward the voice. Kaiser let go of Aura, who let her hand fall to her side. He turned around, wide eyed as he could feel his blood boiling. "You... How did you get out?!"

"Big brother!" Aura smiled.

Cygnus looked over at her but said nothing, focusing his gaze back on Kaiser. "This man is a liar," He said. The crowd gasped and stared dumbstruck and confused as harsh whispers began to circulate around their flock.

"ENOUGH!" Cygnus winced as he heard Kaiser shout. He was making a poor attempt to be just like ???, and failing desperately. "Who will you believe, your leader or this exile?!"

"In this world, there are those born as leaders, and those born as followers," Cygnus spoke loud and proudly. "Kaiser was not born as a leader. My father told me this every year that I spent training. Not once did I put down my broom, that over time became a sword. I knew my duties. Kaiser does not. He is deceiving you!"

"It is unfortunate," Kaiser glared, "that you have chosen this day, of all days, to ruin my life. SEIZE HIM!"

The guards rushed after Cygnus, and they began to fight. Four or five came at a time, Cygnus quickly dodging like he did before, and taking them out one by one as he cut across their chests and necks, sometimes moving out of the way fast enough that they had begun to hit each other. Behind him, a spear was approaching. Aura's pupils shrank as she ran to him, it was as if time was moving slow....

The stars were shining brightly in the darkened sky, sitting beside the moon in the clouds. Cygnus stared up at them for a long time, whispering a little prayer in the wind as it swept passed him. Aura rubbed her eyes sleepily, hearing him out so late she wanted to see who it was that was also awake.

"What are you doing out here?" She asked, "Aren't you tired too?"

Cygnus shook his head. "I don't sleep very much."

"Why?" She looked at him.

"I don't know. I like to stay up sometimes and think about things." He didn't return her gaze.

"You know, from here, the stars look very close. I like to look at them too. They are almost so close they can touch one another. I bet they never get lonely, they always have each other no matter what. Kind of like us." She smiled softly.

"Yeah," Cygnus didn't seem as happy about it as she did, "but do you know that in space, they are really far apart?"

There was a desperate cry of pain that ran out through the crowd as the spear struck her, penetrating her chest and cutting her a bit deep. The guard drew back immediately and watched as she fell to the ground. Cygnus snarled and ran towards him angrily, immediately taking him out as he ran to Aura's side.

Kaiser growled, "You fool! What have you done!"

The crowd stared in horror, screams and cries coming from the audience as they watched, some leaving to run away and seek shelter. Kaiser watched them scurry, "STOP!" He said, "See this man?! This is because of him! Remember his face!" He pointed at Cygnus. "He is the one who has caused this chaos! Exile! Exile!"

Cygnus held Aura in his arms, stroking her face with his fingers. "Hold on," He spoke quietly but reassuringly, "I will protect you." He quickly slipped away through the mess, sliding between the pillars as he left Kaiser and his desperate shouts. Noctis watched as Cygnus left, and followed after him, taking a short cut hoping to beat him to the escape.
Cygnus
Cygnus
Vela
Vela

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum