Unova League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Let's get away.

Go down

Let's get away. Empty Let's get away.

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Wed Oct 31, 2012 12:11 am

I don't remember much as a young girl. My mother was a magnificent Ninetales. I remember her majestic tails flowing in the wind. My father was proud Arcanine. He was always bold when he needed to be. My older sister and I were inseparable. She, too, was a Ninetales, but her clumsiness seemed to make her look ragged to everyone.

When I was a child, there were fights and battles left and right, and we were always moving. My old sister Mayumi was evolved to help fight with our parents. Normally Vulpix were evolved when they came of age and passed the rite of passage. I never saw that. I was evolved as soon as I could run. I felt like a child trapped in a woman's body. My tails were almost too much for me to carry, so I was always tripping and stumbling. I was slowing my family down.

Despite the scolding from Mother and Father, Mayumi always comforted me in the end. She had a wonderful voice, and sang me to sleep when she wasn't fighting...

My childhood is such a haze these days. Perhaps it's because I want to forget about it. All the fighting, all the moving. We didn't make very many friends except what was in our pack. I hated the conflict all around me. Was there any peace to come out of this? Eventually our parents argued themselves. It seems that even conflict didn't spare families in their own hideouts. Mayumi always shut my ears, so I never understood what they argued about.

When I was seven, Mayumi was thirteen. A fellow member of the pack rushed into the tent. His words were shaky. I couldn't understand him, but whatever he said alerted Mother and Father. Father made Mayumi stay this time. It was unusual. Before I knew it, Mayumi was dragging me away after Father whispered something to her. Why was I left out? Why couldn't I understand everything around me. We ran into the Ara woods, Mayumi eventually carried me on her back since I still wasn't use to my nine tails.

"Don't look back, Naomi! I mean it!" Mayumi shouted. She was frantic in her tone.

The only words I understood were the words I disobeyed. I looked behind and saw Mother and Father fighting a shadow. It was too dark to see, and I thought my parents were fighting the air. How silly, I thought. But then I saw it. The shadow. Was it a Pokemon? I watched the shadow cut down our parents with ease. "Mother!! Father!!" I screamed. I struggled to break free, but Mayumi kept tightening her grip. Tears built up as kept trying to break free. I wanted to fight the shadow. I was mortified at the sight, but I was most of all...angry.

"Naomi! Stop!!" Mayumi cried after I bit her to break free. Her grip loosened and I jumped off her back and ran. "Naomi!!"

I ran to shadow who was still fighting our pack. I didn't care if I stumbled. I only kept going. "Monster!!" I cried as I dashed to the shadow. I didn't know how to fight, but I didn't care.

I caught the shadow's attention. It was too dark to see him. I only saw blood covering him. He marched closer to me, and my blind anger turned into petrified fear.

My feet wouldn't move. What have I done? The shadow crept closer and readied his bloody sword. The Banette Knight stared at me with glowing red eyes hungry for more blood. I couldn't move... I was paralyzed in fear...

Just as his sword fell, I flinched and closed my eyes. However, I didn't feel any pain of a blade. I opened my eyes to blood trickling on my surprised face. Mayumi looked down at me with tears in her eyes. The blade went straight through her chest. "Run...Naomi...." she whispered. "Run!"

I couldn't disobey again.. I broke into a sprint into the woods again. The image is still burned into my mind to this day...

I couldn't tell if the Banette Knight was chasing me. I didn't want to find out. I ran, stepping on my tails and even breaking them in the process.

I don't know how long I ran until I reached a clearing. I saw two prominent towers ahead with a dim light. My instincts guided me since my mind was trying to gather itself. I came to the walkway, and kept running to the dim light that became a lantern. Then I was stopped by running into the owner of the lantern. I hit the ground hard even with my tails to stop it. I looked up and saw the kindest red eyes.

"Oh? What do we have here?" he asked as he closed his eyes. I only watched as his hand reached out a glowed above my ragged head. "The Banette Knight strikes again...This is proving very troublesome..." The unusually colored Lucario stated. He was looking behind me at this point. "Stay here, little one, and don't turn around," he grumbled. His features were hard to see even even with the lantern. He walked past me and I could hear a blade leaving a sheath.

I could hear growls and blades crashing. I didn't dare disobey again. The fight continued until I heard a loud hiss. Then, it went quiet.

I heard light footsteps come from behind as I saw the glow of the lantern reflect on the Shrine. I heard the Lucario panting as he sheathed his blade. "It is safe for you now, little one. You may turn around."

Slowly, I turned. My mind was still trying to wrap itself around the situation. "When I looked up his tired eyes never lost their kindness. "It's all right... Let it out now, for you mustn't carry the weight for the rest of your life..." He whispered as he knelt beside me. He didn't seem angry with me, nor did he pity me.

My body responded faster than my mind as I sobbed into the stranger's arms. I curled up as he wrapped his strong arm around me. It was comforting as I let my tears fall like rain. My mother, my father, and my sister were gone. I was alone. A peaceful stranger was allowing me to cry, to let out my pain in his arms.

I don't know when I stopped, nor what happened, but when I woke up I was in a futon bed. It was day time but I wasn't sure of the exact time. I was in an unfamiliar place. I soon became frightened, hoping what had happened was all a dream.

"Rest, little one," said the familiar voice from the night before. The shiny Lucario walked in with a slender cane in his hand. I didn't recall seeing the cane. He tapped it around the floor to reach the chair nearby. "You're in a safe place now." He didn't look at me when he talked. It was unusual.

I sat up and looked at him. "Where am I?" I whispered. I lost my voice from crying. It was hard enough to keep from crying again.

"You're in the Ara orphanage, little one. My name is Homura. Do not think of the past. You are not alone, little one." Suddenly a Flareon rushed into the room followed by several pitter-patters of feet. "Sato, knock first. I know you have manners." I was puzzled at what Homura said before Sato came in.

"But Ren keeps hitting me again," whined Sato. He didn't take notice of me. I couldn't keep myself from staring at him, though.

"I'll deal with you two later. Sato, meet your new classmate." Homura gestured towards me. He was waiting for my name.

"N-Naomi," I reply quietly. I wasn't sure how I looked, but Sato gave a puzzled look at me.

"She's evolved too?" Sato seemed fascinated. I did find it odd that he was also evolved. He looked about the same age as me.

"Yes, but for now she needs rest. Excuse me, little Naomi, but I will return." Homura stood and resumed his tapping with his cane while following Sato. My chance to forget my past and start anew had come in the form of a blind man.
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Posts Posts : 330
Battle Points Battle Points : 45907

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum