Unova League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Angel Beats?!

3 posters

Go down

Angel Beats?! Empty Angel Beats?!

Post  Cloverlace Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:25 pm

So, during Hurricane Sandy, my family just sat and did nothing. I made my little sister watch Angel Beats. I've seen twice already, but she had never seen it. Not a single teardrop formed in her eye, although she did say that she liked it. The next day (today) I saw her watching the last episode again. And with a straight face she turned and said this:

The ending doesn't make any sense to me. How does Kanade have Otonashi's heart if he died before her? He wakes up in heaven and the SSS have already been fighting Angel for a while now. Kanade died before she got his heart? That doesn't make any sense.

Also, during the last few moments of the final episode, Kanade even says that his heart donation extended the years of life. Someone please explain if you can. Otherwise this amazing anime has made a mistake.
Cloverlace
Cloverlace

Posts Posts : 31
Battle Points Battle Points : 42770

Back to top Go down

Angel Beats?! Empty Re: Angel Beats?!

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Tue Oct 30, 2012 6:45 pm

Um.. I've not seen that yet. Perhaps it explains it in the manga or on the wiki. :I
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Posts Posts : 330
Battle Points Battle Points : 45917

Back to top Go down

Post  Monsūn Kaze Wed Oct 31, 2012 4:33 pm

What they meant was that Angel had some sort of heart problem. Before she died, Otonashi's heart was donated to her, prolonging her life span. However, even in the end she still died.
Monsūn Kaze
Monsūn Kaze
Vela
Vela

Posts Posts : 157
Battle Points Battle Points : 44310

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Wed Oct 31, 2012 5:04 pm

DX I hate those kinds of plots.
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Posts Posts : 330
Battle Points Battle Points : 45917

Back to top Go down

Post  Monsūn Kaze Wed Oct 31, 2012 7:45 pm

MaxieMarieHawke wrote:DX I hate those kinds of plots.

That wasn't the entire plot.
The main plot is that people who were in High School age didn't have a good life and when they died at that age - that was, if they did - they were brought to a world where a High School was created by "God" so they could sped their last few good moments IB a regular gig school, but Yuri, one of the characters and leader of the Not Yet Dead Battlefront, was the first to fight back and recruited others who hose to fight back. However, it centers around a boy called Otonashi who at first meets Angel, confused and asking her to prove that he's dead since everyone else was. So, she "killed" him. However, in the world they are in if you have not "at peace" then you cannot "die" and in turn you are able to resuscitate until so. Eventually, he joins Yuri an te others and becomes friends with another boy called Kanade and later on with Angel and another (forgot his name) who claims that he is "God" in some sense. The four of them then help others to fulfill their life's dream and help them pass on. However, eventually, these black blobs start popping up and "eating" the people, but would appear the next day attending class. In the end, it was found out that the reason why the black blobs had been made wa to eliminate the one thing that was not permitted in the world they were in which was love. At the end, everyone leaves peacefully.
Monsūn Kaze
Monsūn Kaze
Vela
Vela

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloverlace Thu Nov 01, 2012 6:45 pm

Monsūn Kaze wrote:What they meant was that Angel had some sort of heart problem. Before she died, Otonashi's heart was donated to her, prolonging her life span. However, even in the end she still died.

Oh~ I understand that >u< It's just that...you know, Otonashi died, gave his heart to Kanade, goes to heaven, but she's there before he is... that's why I'm confused...
Cloverlace
Cloverlace

Posts Posts : 31
Battle Points Battle Points : 42770

Back to top Go down

Post  Monsūn Kaze Thu Nov 01, 2012 10:26 pm

Cloverlace wrote:
Monsūn Kaze wrote:What they meant was that Angel had some sort of heart problem. Before she died, Otonashi's heart was donated to her, prolonging her life span. However, even in the end she still died.

Oh~ I understand that >u< It's just that...you know, Otonashi died, gave his heart to Kanade, goes to heaven, but she's there before he is... that's why I'm confused...

No, no, no. Otonashi died and after his death his heart was amputated and given to Angel, enabiling her to live longer. However, she still died in the end and Otonashi and Angel met each other in the other world.
Monsūn Kaze
Monsūn Kaze
Vela
Vela

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: