Unova League
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stage 1: A Fresh Start (Rp here)

+27
ecat5566
Tenga
Kega
Lugia-Pon
Little Mai
Takara Yamada
Synclair
OshawottMui
Kuro
Cloverlace
ShironaJohanna
Leslie
Genji
Peyton the Aggron
Hiyashitorita
Chiro
Arcadia
Taiga
Monsūn Kaze
Lumin
Orin
Gerard
MaxieMarieHawke
Celeste
Sutexii
Cygnus
reshiramsama
31 posters

Page 35 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Go down

Stage 1: A Fresh Start (Rp here) - Page 35 Empty Re: Stage 1: A Fresh Start (Rp here)

Post  Vivius Sat Nov 24, 2012 2:50 am

'I wonder if she'll remember me...'

It was a fleeting thought, though it brought a feeling of unease to the usually carefree young victini. Sneaking away from home to visit his childhood friend, Aura, seemed a very bold move. After all, it had been many years since the two of them had last seen one another. What if the princess did not recognize him, and turned him away?

He attempted to push the doubt from his mind. Vivius had always known Aura as a kind and loving girl, who treasured her friends. She was sure to remember him; after all, at one time, they had been as close as siblings.

With a new found confidence, he approached the entrance of the castle, a wide, invigorated smile on his face. This place brought him a great feeling of nostalgia. A gentle breeze blew through his hair, carrying with it the sweet scent of flowers.

He began to reminisce about the past; of all the fun times he and the princess had shared playing in the gardens together. They were the only fond memories he held of his otherwise dismal childhood.

An anxious feeling began to tug at him once more, as he finally found himself standing at the castle gates. His stomach was doing somersaults. A pair of guards eyed him with suspicion, and he gave them a nervous smile.

"Good afternoon," He said warmly, though he was quickly interrupted by the stern voice of one of the guards.

"State your business."

"Huu.. business?" The boy tilted his head, a bit puzzled. He brought a finger to his lips thoughtfully, as though in contemplation.

The guard who had addressed him looked mildly frustrated at his ignorance, and spoke again, this time a hint of impatience in his tone.

"Why is it that you're here?"

"Ah~ I'm here to visit Princess Aura. Our families were very close, you see... but it's been a very long time since I've been to the castle." As he gave his response, he wore a carefree, almost foolish grin.

"Your name?"

"My name is Vivius, sir."

The guards exchanged an uneasy glance, and looked back down to the young victini.
"Stay where you are. I'll notify the Prince of your arrival."

'The prince,' Vivius thought 'Is he referring to Mister Cygnus?'

In the past, he had never spoken much to Aura's older brother, Cygnus. Whenever he had come across him, the prince was usually silent and stoic, and didn't seem to show much interest in making friends (despite Vivius' best efforts). He wondered what Cygnus would think of his sudden arrival...

Last edited by Vivius on Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
Vivius
Vivius
Vela
Vela

Posts Posts : 2
Battle Points Battle Points : 41450

Back to top Go down

Stage 1: A Fresh Start (Rp here) - Page 35 Empty Re: Stage 1: A Fresh Start (Rp here)

Post  Peyton the Aggron Sun Nov 25, 2012 2:39 am

Taiga wrote:

He laugh slightly to his insides and then he cleared his throat."I see you have strenght in your attacks, never new that of you." Settling his armor he returned his gaze to the Sharpedo guy, he couldn't show any expresion trought the helmet, but only gave him a stare. "The bad guy, huh. Hmmm... You, young man, know what these means to Corvus right? As miss Taiga said, these is going to give a worse reputation to the capital." Then he sighted.

Having in mind what he thinks of Corvus, he didn't wanted the place to have a worse thoughts of other pokemons. The captail may not be a good place to spent the day but it was the place where he was from and identified him, deep inside him he liked Corvus, his first home...

He sighted again... "Don't worry miss Taiga, I'm alright. I'm used to the weight of these armor" he said while burring his sword in the ground, showing that he could bear with it and putting an arm on the shoulder of his friend. "I had walked longer distances with these thing. And you mister must be carefull on what you have going throught your mind" These laste sentece, he used a deeper voice where he reflected that he was talking serious.
Peyton the Aggron
Peyton the Aggron
Corvus
Corvus

Posts Posts : 8
Battle Points Battle Points : 42010

Back to top Go down

Post  reshiramsama Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:01 pm

Lumin wrote:

Lumin wiped a little sweat from his head and took a deep breath, flying with this head was not as easy as it looked, sure he was landed now, but carrying it before weighed him down quite easily. "Glad the flying is over..." When he looked back to notice Aura seemed to be having a hard time landing, he couldnt help but hurry forward a bit and use one arm to wrap around her a moment so she wouldnt fall over. Once she had been able to recompose herself after the crash landing, he backed off a bit to give her space and smile apologetically for having to grab hold of her like that. "That was quite a landing...I guess I shouldnt be pushing you too hard, I'm sorry"

When she suddenly started mentioning how it was okay for him to hate, he gave a slight frown as well as a slightly confused look at how she addressed him. "Gerard...I dont really particularily hate him as a person...I just cant stand what he did...if Synclair is knocked down in battle, my home land is vulnerable to any attacks, so you see...its not really that he did a terrible thing aside from almost causing a bit of a problem for Corvus, it would have merely put a little stress on me while I fix the statue is all" He grinned a little at her then, this time for the way she was addressing him. Leaning down only slightly so his face was infront of hers, he shook his head lightly. "And you need not call me Lord Lumin...Lumin is just fine, I'm not that big on formalities, and I like when people treat me as an equal..I'm no different from you" His voice was soft as he said this, infact he wasnt even scolding her at all about it, just merely stating a little fact about himself.

Once all was said, he took a deep breath and heaved the statue up in his arms again and smiled at the two before he'd begun walking again, heading toward the town of Ara first in hopes of some supplies to fix the tower and maybe polish it up a bit once it would be done. "Hate is quite a strong word for me actually...It's true I get frustrated at some things, but I dont think I could truely hate a person, especially for a reason like that" He paused his words and closed his eyes in thought, really hoping to get the statue done quickly. "I just hope my home is okay, I would hate to return to any deaths being caused..."

Looking back at Aura when she started talking about how they could fix the statue, he laughed a little and nodded to something she said. "Yes...fire only works well with medals...and I'm not fully sure whether its safe to use my fire on this thing or not, I dont want to risk damaging it any further" He smiled at her, it was odd, but it was kind of nice listening to her chat as she walked with him. Lumin didnt get many chances to travel with people who were so enthusiastic about things, and it seemed like she was having fun, which put a smile on his face. "I'm sure they'll give me some kind of special glue or plaster to use...probebly tell me to buff it down too or something, though thats not too difficult"

Aura blinked twice quite embarrassed, she waved her hands. "Hehe, ah, no...that's okay! Really!" She looked up to him with a little sigh. It's not your fault. Aura looked up at the statue again and tilted her head with a puzzled expression. She crossed her arms. "Don't worry Lor-...uwao... Lumin, I bet your home is alright!" After thinking to herself momentarily she spun around in his direction. She had forgot that he was supposed to pick up stuff to help him... but the situation with Gerard back there had made her mind all fuzzy. Too many things at once.

"I don't think that I could hate someone. I thought I did, but maybe I didn't hate him, just what he did, too. Maybe if I tell that to Cygnus, he won't hate me anymore too." She gave a half smile and stood in the direction towards the city. "You shouldn't worry so much, everything will be alright." She fluttered her wings a little bit, they were starting to fall asleep and ache again. "Corvus has endured a lot of hardships, yet to this day they are still around. So you know what that means?" She glanced over her shoulder, her eyes half-lidded. "Your people are strong."
reshiramsama
reshiramsama
Admin
Admin

Posts Posts : 140
Battle Points Battle Points : 52426

Back to top Go down

Post  Cygnus Tue Nov 27, 2012 3:09 pm

MaxieMarieHawke wrote:
Monsūn Kaze wrote:
Vivius wrote:

Cygnus gave a weak smile to Naomi. "No m'lady, you are fine. Do not apologize. He is no bother to me," His gaze eased. "Your trip to Vela must certainly have been an eventful one." His eyes dragged over the scenery of the towers of bookshelves somewhat uninterested with their presence and cluttered mannerisms. "If any one should apologize it is I. I did not expect any of this... but I should have been prepared. I was not."

Cygnus blinked and shot a glance at Monsun immediately. "M-married?! To A-Aura?!" He bit his lip and brought a hand up to cover his mouth. ...Do I really portray... He looked away and fell silent, something seeming to bother him. Trying to hide his reaction further he was thankful for the savior known as topic change that came when Monsun began to speak about her bell again, but still he did not look back at her. "I see." Cygnus sighed. Lumin must have gave it to her when they all went on that little trip back in Ara, he growled a bit to himself wondering what exactly had happened when they'd all left, but he knew no answers would come of it. "I was... curious."

The doors of the library opened with the sound of the guard's clinking armor. Cygnus did not move nor look his way, having being used to these interruptions from time to time, they were almost to be expected.

"Sir, you and Lady Aura have a visitor."

Cygnus sighed, wondering who it could be now. After all of the disaster running a muck recently he couldn't draw any names to mind as to who would want to visit him. No one usually ever addressed Aura in a visit, however. How peculiar. He raised a brow, surely it wouldn't be hard to summon Aura. She was still in the castle where he'd left her, why did the guard not just go straight to her instead?

"Very well... who do they go by?" Cygnus rose.

"Uh.... Vivius, I believe, sir."

Cygnus lowered his head, he hadn't heard that name for a long time. He could remember meeting the little boy long ago when he and Aura were of younger days, and she had tagged along with him playing throughout the city streets. "I see. Then you have come to the wrong name. You should find Aura, not me." He was not saying it to be rude or ignore the guard's announcement, but he knew who Vivius would really like to see.

"...Sir... Lady Aura left, she said that you permitted her and the yellow clad fellow to leave the premises, and that you'd be angry if we didn't obey her."

Cygnus let it sink in for a moment. He really had to sit down for this one. He put his elbows on the table and buried his face into his hands, gripping his temples with a long sigh. He closed his eyes.

"S-Sir?" The guard held out a hand, but was uncertain if it was okay to touch him.

"Just leave me alone." Cygnus tone seemed emotionless, but underneath the gruffness of it, broken hearted. "You will have to send Vivius here. Some one must tell him."

The guard nodded, and left to do so. Cygnus shifted and looked up at Naomi, not really sure what to do now. "..The Ara-Vela alliance..." He began without the light left in his eyes, "As we've witnessed Corvus holds aggressions that we were not previously aware of. Such as my attacker, and the brute who beheaded the statue. While we know that not all of Corvus is this way, there are enough wrongdoers within its lands to say that a good majority is careless of rules." He winced. "With Ara being the closest to the borders of Corvus, it makes it easiest for thieves or bandits to cross the borders and do as they like throughout Ara, and easily escape back to Corvus unharmed. If we moved some warriors along the lines of that border or made a base, they could stand watch against those who threaten Ara and hopefully, we could keep the 'bad' ones in their own lines. I know they will not make the effort to swim across in order to steal from Vela. So in return for any protections I wish to offer to your lands, I would like help in resource. It is hard to grow any crops or foliage here because of the salt water. There is very few fresh streams where it is possible to cultivate, the only advantage we have is ports and the market that spawned from it. While we are able to survive on this, it is always helpful to have a back up plan."

Cygnus stood up now from his seat and paced around the library. On a mantel was a small painting of Aura and a few sea shells that sparkled brilliantly that she had found and wanted to display for everyone, as long as they didn't touch them. He observed the paining of her, realizing every detail was almost perfect. He sighed and sat it face down, looking away before turning back around. "It is not normally that I share the secrets of my family's clandestine but..." He shook his head. "Aura and I are not the only offspring of my father and mother. I have other brothers. They were power hungry, and wanted to see the land in torment and chaos. Their desire was to bring down Arceus and reap his powers so they may be the only regime. I was the only one trained to know certain strategies that they were in need of in their disgusting little plot. Since I would not join their allegiance against Arceus, they tried their best to torture me or bring my end." He un-did a bit of his coat, opening it a little to show a great variation of scars starting from his neck up and leading all the way down to his chest and still downward, but he did not show all of them, and fixed his coat to cover them up once more. "I was not worried about what would happen to me, but Aura, because she had spent so much time with me, knew a lot of my secrets as well. I knew if they corrupted her, they would manipulate her. She is easy to give in to others. I was selfish... I kept her sheltered and ignorant so she could remain innocent, and hopefully make the right decisions as she grew older."

"My brothers had imprisoned me, and captured Aura. I managed to escape after spending a few months conserving my energies so I could use my powers. Before he was ready to accept the position I interrupted him, and we fought. However, Aura jumped in front of me and took a fatal blow, which sent her spiraling down. I tried to get to her as quickly as I could, but it was impossible with all of them jumping at me like vicious animals. They were almost shocked to see Aura in such a state, refusing to accept that it was their fault. I was finally able to run to her, but I did not think she was going to make it. Kaiser tried to exile me, shouting out to the people that this was my doing, and that all of our differences was because of me, the one who is most terrible. The only thing I cared about was leaving with Aura. So I did. I took her out of the country for a while so she could heal, but the process was slow. She did not wake up for weeks, and when she finally did, it was almost as if she had forgotten everything. Aura used to be a quiet, and timid girl. She rarely spoke, and was afraid of strangers. However, when she woke, she was different. Like a child, it was strange. She was cheerful and outgoing, the opposite of who she used to be. It was hard to adjust to, guilt ate away at my heart like a starved beast. I kept her away from the rest of the world, never letting her out of my sight. I was afraid she would get hurt again. Some of her memories would come back to her in fragments, such as when we returned home to reclaim my throne, but she does not remember everything."

"Since she remembers so little, it is easy for one to simply word what happened and she believe it. I am fearful of my brothers returning and manipulating her, and her memories. That is why I have fought so hard to keep her here, in this castle, where she is safe, where I can see her." His head lowered and his eyes closed again. "It is not because I am cruel, or terrible... It is because Aura is the last strand that holds this kingdom together. If they get a hold of her, they will warp her and corrupt her, and the kingdom will turn on itself yet again. Only this time, I do not believe I will be able to stop them." He winced.

"I exiled my brothers and banished them from all of the lands. I do not know where they reside now, but they are still out there, somewhere lurking and terrorizing others." Cygnus turned away. "If you have ever heard the story of the dragons, and the world's hatred for them, my brothers had something to do with that."
Cygnus
Cygnus
Vela
Vela

Posts Posts : 109
Battle Points Battle Points : 43035

Back to top Go down

Post  Monsūn Kaze Tue Nov 27, 2012 4:58 pm

Cygnus wrote:

"Yes, you two certainly would look together. It's too bad you two are brother and sister." She replied, somewhat getting a bit angry just by telling him this. And in fact, she thought if they weren't blood related they would look even better together than Monsun was. She growled a bit underneath her breath before picking up another stack of books and placing them back where they were with a bit of an attitude in it. However, when she noticed that he had looked away, she blinked and walked towards him. "What's the matter?" Monsun asked, blinking with surprise when he said he was simply curious, but Monsun knew it was more than that and smiled softly before ruffling his hair. "Mah...it's just a little gift, nothing more and nothing less." The Flygon replied.

After a bit, she continued with her work. After all, if she didn't pull her own weight here as well she'd feel like she was intruding. However, when she heard the conversation between Naomi and Cygnus, she stopped and peered around the corner, watching in silence. He had probably forgotten she was here by now, so she wanted to remain as silent as possible. Though, when he opened his coat, Monsun couldn't help but let a small gasp escape her. Those scars...seemed painful. Not physically, but emotionally. "How horrible..." Monsun whispered. How could such a person do that to another? And they were brothers at that! It...It just wasn't right!
Monsūn Kaze
Monsūn Kaze
Vela
Vela

Posts Posts : 157
Battle Points Battle Points : 44010

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Wed Nov 28, 2012 12:28 am

Lumin sighed softly, hearing her attempt to shatter his worries was very appreciated, but also not very effective, a small frown striking his face as he glanced back at her a moment before wandering toward Ara's city slowly. "..Aura...to tell you the truth, my town is tough, yes...but it is also filled with people that no longer have homes or food...nor can they afford to get the food.." His eyes glanced at trees as he walked through the fields, knowing she and Orin would follow at their own pace.

"I've never told anyone this, only Yoru and the people of Corvus know, since no one else seems to dare walk in the town just to look...but the thing I am most worried about, are the children of Corvus.." He closed his eyes, thinking over the memories of when he was small. Yoru and Lumin were probebly the most fortunate children of the city if at all, Lumin had a warm home and plenty of food, and Yoru had the ability to walk out of his home whenever things didnt go well, plus the ability to good meals for himself. But the other side of the children of corvus was pretty depressing to view, so many kids had no homes or food, and so many kids got sick from not having a roof over their head during the night. "Aura...I have children waiting for me back home each day, hoping I will bring them food or new clothes from the lands I visit...some homes in corvus I have had to rebuild or fix on my own or with Yoru from the last war, its been rather rough all in all, and I was hoping that my journeys lately would help me find a way to help them.."

Walking a little closer along the river splitting Ara, he smiled down at the magikarp swimming under the surface, Ara was so prosperous, he'd almost wished he could just bring the children here so they wouldn't have to suffer, but he knew that that wouldn't solve the problems at Corvus, he just had to try harder. "People always think I'm out to kill people, or looking for some mastermind plan to ruin you all, but I'm really not..I'm a peaceful man and I hate to see suffering...but my people...some of them do wrong, and some of them do it on purpose...ever since my fathers reign, his power rubbed off on some of the younger people, causing them to think it was okay to cause pain and suffering, I really wish I knew how to reverse it.."

Turning to Aura before stepping onto the bridge leading to the city, he smiled a little at her, though the smile was filled with worry for obvious reasons. "I didnt want to be a leader, true...but I knew I had to, to make Corvus a better place, and to save those who were effected by the wrong doing being caused by my people, if I must find and punish those people myself for bothering you and your brother, I will do it without hesitation, just you watch" He glanced to the town and raised an eyebrow at it. "It's too bad I couldnt bring such fertile lands to Corvus though, I admit that..I'd never have to worry about my people being underfed again...I'll leave the planting up to Orin though"

With that, he smiled at them both and turned to walk into the city, keeping an eye out for the shop that he was told to go to. Of course, he was getting an awful lot of dirty looks for being the one carrying Arceus' head, it did look quite suspicious and he was shocked himself that he wasnt being attacked for it. "I probebly should have thought this through and left the head outside the village somewhere..heh"
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Posts Posts : 186
Battle Points Battle Points : 43889

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:44 am

Naomi shook her head and listened to Cygnus' words. "Sibling rivalry must be terrible..." She remembered the fight with the dragons. She was still very young then. "But Cygnus...The only way she'll learn is if she explores a little bit. She's growing up fast, and if Lumin holds his word, I'm sure he'll be just as protective of her. As for resources, we are always willing to give those. We grow extra in case there are others. We are a giving clan after all. If you ask, we'll accommodate...Cygnus, let me tell you about my sister." Naomi stood up and approached Cygnus with an almost saddened look in her eyes. "She's dead. She's been dead for over a hundred years. I don't think you have what it takes to kill your brothers, otherwise you would have had them hunted down. You still cherish your family regardless. Call on me if you need help. Be it the will of Arceus, I'll do my best." She held out her hand to seal the deal. "Just need your shake."
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Posts Posts : 330
Battle Points Battle Points : 45617

Back to top Go down

Post  Cygnus Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:21 pm

Monsūn Kaze wrote:
MaxieMarieHawke wrote:

"I do not believe that is possible," Cygnus sighed and shook his head in Monsun's direction, replying to her previous comment. "Even so, I don't believe Aura knows those feelings like we do. She is possibly too young to fully understand them."

"It is a curse that has thinned our blood; if I do not continue my own then the age of our reign will die out and our history shall be only that - history; planted in forgotten pages of times no longer gazed upon." Cygnus winced. "I do not think you understand... I am not so concerned about Aura having a little individualism at this point, but I fear what may become of her should she reunite with Kaiser and my other brothers. I may lose Aura." He closed his eyes. "I do not think this Lumin, nor I, even if conjoined affiliations would be able to stop them."

"I am sorry to hear about your loss, but I know what you are saying when you tell me." Cygnus turned away and paced once more as he scanned through his memories, trying to find evidence to debate against her argument, but he himself was not even certain. He had had many opportunities in the past to wipe Kaiser's head clean off of his shoulders but he did not do it; even on the day that Cygnus had broken free from his bindings he had went to rescue Aura, when he had the perfect opportunity to end Kaiser's reign of terror. He blinked and looked up at the ceiling, staring at the etchings of what was believed to be their ancestors, and eased his gaze. "All I saw was the world in my father's eyes, and hope in Aura's. They became my sword and shield, and for so long have I defended and protected these lands against all that have threatened it; be it trivial or major. I will continue to do so, so long as I draw each breath. That is the making of a good leader," Cygnus looked back at Naomi, seeing her extend her hand to make their deal set in stone, "I will do everything I can to ensure the safety of Ara, as well." He took her hand and released it shortly after. "I am sorry for my rambling. I suppose I speak too much..." He looked a little disheartened.

Cygnus
Cygnus
Vela
Vela

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Fri Nov 30, 2012 9:13 pm

Cygnus wrote:
Monsūn Kaze wrote:
MaxieMarieHawke wrote:

Naomi gave her usual motherly smile as she listened to Cygnus. "Now that you have allies, you're much stronger. You don't have to do this alone, you know. It's not a sign of weakness to reach out for help when you really need it." She bowed in respect before Cygnus. "I best be on my way back, then. I feel as though I've overstayed my welcome." Although she was still a little weakened, Naomi refused to trouble Cygnus anymore than she had. It seemed people helped her without her asking so often. She began to make her way out quietly. "I hope to see you again soon. You and your people are always welcome in Ara," she said as she looked back at Cygnus and Monsun.
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Back to top Go down

Post  reshiramsama Tue Dec 04, 2012 7:28 pm

Lumin wrote:

Aura tilted her head, watching his face for his expressions whilst she listened to him speak. She could see the sincerity in his eyes and almost, close enough, the reflection of faces of children with remnants of hope in their irises. She felt a bit guilty that Corvus had been suffering so much and none of the other clans had bothered to try and help them... but with all of the bad rumors spreading about Corvus' wrongdoings, no one felt that they had deserved an extensive hand. Aura eased her gaze and gave a short sigh, "I am sorry, Lumin. Sorry for your worries and troubles, and sorry for all the pain that Corvus feels. I never thought of it that way until I saw the look in your eyes." Her gaze fell to the ground. "You care about your people, you are a good leader."

She found the courage to look back up at him and sensed the fondness in his voice when he spoke about Orin and the planting, but it seemed to dissipate shortly after. "Don't worry about me and Cygnus, we will be okay. It doesn't hurt anymore." She brought a hand up to cover her arm where the strange man had grabbed her. It was nothing but a faint few bruises, but the pain from them no longer carried a sting. "Lumin, you should study your lands. Ara has a lot of fresh water, the plants love it here because it is closest to the sun, they have such nice fresh air. In Vela, the salt water makes it hard for plants like this to grow. Do you have any streams in Corvus? I saw your land is very ashy and dry... perhaps you should create man-made water paddy fields, you could grow crops of rice, and with all of the freshwater wild grass would also grow there, too." She gave a little smile. "With a little sunlight and care, it would take no time... but..." She remembered seeing the lingering black cloud that swarmed around the volcanic scenery and frowned. "It may be hard, if the sun's rays cannot reach them..."

Aura realized she was rambling and looked around at the villagers staring towards Lumin. She winced and puffed her cheeks out stubbornly and stomped her foot. "Leave him alone, okay!!!" She growled and some of them seemed to back off. She shook her head. "Hmph! No manners at ALL!" She crossed her arms and followed behind him.
reshiramsama
reshiramsama
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cloverlace Wed Dec 05, 2012 12:40 am

Cloverlace wandered outside of the orphanage, slowly gazing up at the building. No one was to be found. Once her neck tilted all the way up, she saw two different skies merged together. A living blue once above Ara, and a grey-ish one above Corvus. She was close to the border, actually, in between the border and the orphanage.

Tilting her head slightly back another degree, standing awkwardly with her back arched, she could barely make out some dark shapes in the distance by the border. Her white hair flopped back and revealed her forehead,
"Ahah~! I must look funny..."
She strained just another degree further to see if she could see the ground as well. Her arms stretched back and-FLOP
"Ow~!"
Slowly standing up, she felt a burst of wind, the strongest one she'd felt in years. Her body flew into the air, she could not see anything but sky for a long time. Then, the wind died down, and she was dropped in a shimmering puddle by the crystal cove~
"Wow," she whispered.

Last edited by Cloverlace on Thu Dec 06, 2012 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cloverlace
Cloverlace

Posts Posts : 31
Battle Points Battle Points : 42470

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Wed Dec 05, 2012 10:16 pm

(( Clover, please look at the most recent posts in the rp, not the ones on the first page. Orin is not in the badlands anymore, he is following Aura and Lumin in Ara. ))

Lumin could only rub the back of his head in reaction to all of Aura's words, feeling a little embarrassed. It was not often one would stop to say such positive things about him, whether he was trying to prove himself or not. "Well..I'd have never become the leader I am without Yoru's help.." He smiled a little as he said this, showing his gratitude for Aura's kind words as much as he could. "I just want to see everyone live a good and long life...but to do that, they need to be healthy, which takes proper shelter and healthy food.."

He glanced back at her when she'd asked if Corvus had any sources of water. "Well...there's the water way behind the shrine but that wont be much help..." Thinking a long moment, he'd remembered the volcano and the fact that a lot had been buried by it. "Now that I think about it...we used to have water in Corvus, it must have been buried, if we dug it up, it would be either geysers or hot springs by now, I'd dig them up myself but.." He took a quick glance back at his wings. "I can ask Yoru to have some villagers pitch in for that...I will gladly help Orin with digging up the paddies though, I never thought about growing rice, thank you for the suggestion, Aura" Lumin had to pause a moment when she brought up the looming smoke from the volcano, cringing slightly to himself before glancing up toward his home land, it was true that the cloud might cause problems for the plants if he didn't do something. "I will visit the volcano upon my return and see what I can do about that...I can sort of control the volcano to an extent, but I've never tried to put it to sleep or anything, it might take quite a bit of energy from me, I would rather deal with the two trouble causers first.."

Even Lumin himself jumped a bit when Aura started shouting at the villagers, not expecting someone so small to have such a big voice and confidence. "A-Aura it's okay! It's just because of this I'm sure" He lifted the statue's head slightly and smiled a bit at her. "I was here before remember, until all this happened they weren't treating me like this, I'm guessing they think I might have done it, but they'll see soon enough that I didn't" He tucked it carefully under his arm and looked around the town for the shop, he would have grabbed something for them to eat as well but he definitely felt that they didn't have enough time for that. "Lets get this part over with so that Naomi and Ara can become healthy and protected again"

With that, Lumin quickly found his way through the market and found a shop with a girl that may have just what they need. Hurrying over to the shop and setting the head down on the counter to make it clear what he needed. "I need supplies for fixing the statue, I am here under Lady Naomi's request..uh..here" He pulled a talisman out of his pocket and showed it to the girl as proof. It seemed like it worked because the girl seemed to gasp and hurry into the back of the shop for something. Lumin's eyes then met with Aura again. "So Aura...why is it that you're going to all this length to follow me out of Vela? I'm guessing your brother said something to hurt you at some point, but I wont pry about that bit...Are you just looking for ways to prove yourself to him maybe?"
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  ShironaJohanna Sat Dec 08, 2012 3:07 am

Rowena looked from afar to the ocean as her wings flapped freely in the winds. Many people said things bad about Corvus and it dangerous to go there alone, but she had to fulfilled her father's wish, his only wish...

Rowena closed her eyes and thought Corvus sure is far away from Vela, it might took me a day to go there but I have the highest speed among the grass Pokemon, right...I must fly!
The Sky formed Shaymin opened her eyes and jumped. She could feel the cold of the sea floating on her cheeks. Finally, her wings spread wider and wider then she flew up high in the sky, overall, Rowena looked like an Eagle.

She knew where was she going, though....
ShironaJohanna
ShironaJohanna
Vela
Vela

Posts Posts : 103
Battle Points Battle Points : 43081

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:53 am

MaxieMarieHawke wrote:
Cygnus wrote:
Monsūn Kaze wrote:
MaxieMarieHawke wrote:

Naomi gave her usual motherly smile as she listened to Cygnus. "Now that you have allies, you're much stronger. You don't have to do this alone, you know. It's not a sign of weakness to reach out for help when you really need it." She bowed in respect before Cygnus. "I best be on my way back, then. I feel as though I've overstayed my welcome." Although she was still a little weakened, Naomi refused to trouble Cygnus anymore than she had. It seemed people helped her without her asking so often. She began to make her way out quietly. "I hope to see you again soon. You and your people are always welcome in Ara," she said as she looked back at Cygnus and Monsun.

"Aww, don't leave so soon~ I just got here with gifts for everyone! Well... just you and Cygnus." Gerard approached the group feeling better after resting, and having plenty of time to test his new powers. He whipped his hands around and produced a miniature ice sculpture shaped like a Ninetales. "This one's for you Naomi, and for Cygnus..." Another wave of Gerard's hand produced a miniature Rayquaza sculpture. "It took me a while to figure out how to do this, but I figured I would have a little fun with my new powers. Anyway... what's been going on?" Gerard has been out of the loop for a while, do to injuries and training.
Gerard
Gerard
Vela
Vela

Posts Posts : 185
Battle Points Battle Points : 43933

Back to top Go down

Post  reshiramsama Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:53 am

Lumin wrote:

"I think it would do your land good. If there is water underground then we must bring it up to the surface! Surely those who want to see restoration for their lands would offer to pitch in a tribute, right?" Aura's eyes widened a bit in excitement when she heard Lumin talk about the volcano. "You mean you can control a whole volcano?!" She blinked and jumped excitedly. "Wao! You must be really super strong!" She thought to herself - how lucky - she couldn't have picked a better mentor. Her head fell at the mention of her sudden outburst towards those who were passing strange glances towards Lord Lumin. It was out of habit, her reaction, however because she had witnessed people do the same to Cygnus when she had traveled with him to foreign lands. It was natural to defend them, although a feeling of guilt still left a pang in her chest from when she had done so much as to judge Lumin herself in the beginning. Such hypocrisy, she sighed, not making a comment but glancing away in a little disgrace towards herself and her own actions.

Aura watched him retrieve the supplies, her eyes glittering at the bit at the show of luster from the talisman but her awe was interrupted when Lumin directed a personal question towards her. "I didn't used to fight with him so much... though as I grow older, it seems the tides shift in my heart and create unrest." She looked at Lumin and winced. "As if... I am drifting further and further away from my home. Even when I am in my own lands," She glanced out towards the direction they had come from, staring thoughtfully out into the distance, "...I feel the farthest away from home."
reshiramsama
reshiramsama
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Cygnus Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:01 am

Monsūn Kaze wrote:

"Gifts have meaning behind them; they are given to draw special reactions." Cygnus directed his gaze towards Monsun, directed towards her earlier comment. His gaze eased when he saw her strolling around, feeling bad he could not interrupt his words to go and comfort her and close the distance between them, nonetheless these matters had to be settled and had been put aside long enough. When he had shown his scars, he shot a flash of a glance her way, catching her eyes looking and immediately he had closed them from visible sight, ashamed to have addressed them in her presence. He still was not sure what she saw in him.

MaxieMarieHawke wrote:

"Overstayed? Most certainly not." Cygnus overheard Naomi's statement and looked over to her, showing a concerned expression but also revealing serious, golden eyes. "You may stay for as long as you need, and it is not wise to venture off if you are still not feeling up to being on your own; pride should own no holy ground here m'lady, you must think of your welfare as well, although I know you must miss the sight of your homeland. It should not be much longer before Lumin returns." Cygnus sighed, hoping they were alright, even though he still felt spite.

Gerard wrote:

Cygnus winced when a familiar voice slid through the cracks of light conversation, disrupting what small talk they had had left. He glanced toward Gerard, pupils focusing on the ice sculptures he held. He took a few moments longer to study the condition the boy seemed to be in; a bit beat up and scuffed, a few wrappings over his body as if someone had hurriedly tried to tend to his wounds.

"New powers?"

Cygnus glared.
Cygnus
Cygnus
Vela
Vela

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:18 am

Lumin smiled a little at the thought, what Aura spoke of was true, if he could just get a bit of help from his people then surely at least finding a geyser or spring wouldn't be too much trouble, then it would be possible to grow things again. "I dont know what I'd do without you Aura...that idea just gave Corvus a little bit of hope" He spoke in a soft and obviously pleased tone, glad to know there was something he could do for his land that didn't involve troubling other people. He would have gladly continued with that chat but her words about the volcano cut his thoughts off, his eyes darting to look toward her again. "Oh..well, the volcano protects our land, I guess since I'm a moltres, I'm able to control it to an extent...I wouldn't say it's all that impressive though, it's actually rather dangerous that I use it at all..." Lumin frowned slightly as he stated this, remembering his past and what had happened. "Actually...the easiest way to heal me is with the lava from that very volcano, but its difficult for many pokemon to touch since it is so hot...I suppose only fire pokemon would be able to go near it" Lumin watched Aura as she seemed to become disappointed in herself over the ruckus she made, and to be honest, he couldnt help but smile a little and place a hand on her head to comfort her a bit. "It's okay Aura...you know, its not often someone stands up for me like you just did, I am grateful to you"

He'd almost jumped when the girl bolted out from the back of the shop again with a small box of supplies, there were only a couple tools in it so he didnt really see why he needed the whole box, but Lumin shrugged and took it anyway. "Thank you, miss.." With that, he motioned for Aura to follow him as he took the head of the statue again and started walking back toward the exit of the capital so they could go fix the statue, all while listening to Aura's words. "You know, Aura...it sounds like you just need to find who you really are" He smiled a bit at her to show her that it wasnt always a bad thing that she might be drifting from her home. "To be truly helpful to your land, and all the lands around you, you must learn who you are and what makes you...you" Lumin's eyes downcast then, thinking of a way he could explain it in a more straightforward or easy way. "When I was small...I had many fights with my own father, but because he wanted me to be someone that I wasnt, he wanted me to be a strong leader for Corvus, to rule everyone the way he had" He paused to look at her then, a serious look on his face as if to show his past wasnt something he would joke about. "But that wasnt me...I didnt want to rule Corvus like that, I didnt even want to be the leader in the first place...but seeing the people of my own clan as well as the other clans having problems with him...I knew I had to stand up and do something, not for him, not for corvus, but for my own beliefs in saving everyone"

With a short sigh, he looked down at the statue's head and grinned slightly, he wasnt sure why but he was amused at that moment, he was spilling his guts out to a girl he'd only just met. "Your brother must have protected you a long time from the world...It is probably a good thing you decided to venture out and learn what the world was really like, because I'm positive you'll find yourself this way" The moltres seemed pretty sure that Aura would grow in such surroundings, not because of fights or seeing the world, but because she'd get a short taste of freedom and time to think.

Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  Orin Tue Dec 11, 2012 6:55 pm

Orin had deiced to fall back behind. He could see how Lumin and Aurora were connecting. He deiced he did not want to get in between the two of them. He smiled slightly "At least he is smiling more now." He thought to himself.
Orin
Orin
Corvus
Corvus

Posts Posts : 106
Battle Points Battle Points : 43091

Back to top Go down

Post  Monsūn Kaze Tue Dec 11, 2012 7:48 pm

Cygnus wrote:
Monsūn Kaze wrote:

"Gifts have meaning behind them; they are given to draw special reactions." Cygnus directed his gaze towards Monsun, directed towards her earlier comment. His gaze eased when he saw her strolling around, feeling bad he could not interrupt his words to go and comfort her and close the distance between them, nonetheless these matters had to be settled and had been put aside long enough. When he had shown his scars, he shot a flash of a glance her way, catching her eyes looking and immediately he had closed them from visible sight, ashamed to have addressed them in her presence. He still was not sure what she saw in him.

Monsun frowned. "No, no! I only love you, Cygnus!" She confessed once again, crimson hue tearing up. How could he say such a thing? She had confessed to him yet he did not trust her? "I do not understand what I can do to make you believe me..." Monsun murmured, looking away a bit hurt. Nonetheless, she returned to her organizing. But when curiosity had struck her as she overheard their conversation, she couldn't hold herself back from looking, only to see his many scars. For a few moments, the Flygon was shocked and pained at the sight of his scars before flinching when he looked her way. She had wanted to say something, but had remembered the others were still there and felt a bit embarrassed. What would they say if she had spoken those words aloud? I will tell him later... She thought, lightly smiling.
Monsūn Kaze
Monsūn Kaze
Vela
Vela

Posts Posts : 157
Battle Points Battle Points : 44010

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxieMarieHawke Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:35 am

Naomi's cheeks flustered a bit. It wasn't often she had to rest, let alone someone offer her rest. "I suppose I could stay longer until Lumin returns.." She sat back down in the chair with what grace she was strong enough to carry. She closed her eyes in thought, wondering if Mai and Yoru were all right. She was sure he took her to Ara.

She was startled when Gerard came in. When he made an ice sculpture, Naomi reflexively dropped it. "...Gerard...where did you get such powers?" She hated water, especially ice. Naomi sighed, knowing Gerard wasn't fully aware of that. She glared at the ice sculpture, wondering where he'd learned such an attack. "I smell corruption..." she muttered under her breath. Her tails ruffled at the thought of touching ice again.

((Yoru))
With too much on his mind, Yoru figured Mai was safe since he was sure Victor had no problems with the bad kind. He left a bag of prize money to pay for anything even though he'd not rested. He decided to see where Lumin had gotten as far as repairing the shrine.

He made it into the village quickly and caught Lumin just as he was headed to the shrine. He walked briskly to catch up. "Did you miss me?" Yoru said with a laugh. He immediately took notice of Aura again, but he decided it'd be best to not bother since he figured Lumin had his sights on her. Though along the walk, something fell out of Yoru's pocket. It was the shiny object he snatched out of Aura's room. "...I can explain..." Yoru said with a nervous smile. He knew he'd be in for it. Although his intentions were in the right place, he knew he'd now be labelled just like the rest of the criminals in Corvus.
MaxieMarieHawke
MaxieMarieHawke
Ara
Ara

Back to top Go down

Post  Gerard Wed Dec 12, 2012 2:58 am

MaxieMarieHawke wrote:Naomi's cheeks flustered a bit. It wasn't often she had to rest, let alone someone offer her rest. "I suppose I could stay longer until Lumin returns.." She sat back down in the chair with what grace she was strong enough to carry. She closed her eyes in thought, wondering if Mai and Yoru were all right. She was sure he took her to Ara.

She was startled when Gerard came in. When he made an ice sculpture, Naomi reflexively dropped it. "...Gerard...where did you get such powers?" She hated water, especially ice. Naomi sighed, knowing Gerard wasn't fully aware of that. She glared at the ice sculpture, wondering where he'd learned such an attack. "I smell corruption..." she muttered under her breath. Her tails ruffled at the thought of touching ice again.

((Yoru))
With too much on his mind, Yoru figured Mai was safe since he was sure Victor had no problems with the bad kind. He left a bag of prize money to pay for anything even though he'd not rested. He decided to see where Lumin had gotten as far as repairing the shrine.

He made it into the village quickly and caught Lumin just as he was headed to the shrine. He walked briskly to catch up. "Did you miss me?" Yoru said with a laugh. He immediately took notice of Aura again, but he decided it'd be best to not bother since he figured Lumin had his sights on her. Though along the walk, something fell out of Yoru's pocket. It was the shiny object he snatched out of Aura's room. "...I can explain..." Yoru said with a nervous smile. He knew he'd be in for it. Although his intentions were in the right place, he knew he'd now be labelled just like the rest of the criminals in Corvus.

"Oh yes. Quite new in fact." Gerard pondered back to that time. "I guess I died... Maybe just passed out? I'm not quite sure, but the fact remains that I have acquired strange powers from someone I met in person or through telepathy or something. If I didn't accept to join her group I probably would have died." Gerard shrugged, "What are you gonna do, eh? But with these new powers I can do things I've never done before. Like so." Gerard touched the wall and it quickly turned to ice. When he removed his hand, the ice disappeared. "Cool right?"
Gerard
Gerard
Vela
Vela

Posts Posts : 185
Battle Points Battle Points : 43933

Back to top Go down

Post  reshiramsama Wed Dec 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Lumin wrote:
maxiemariehawke wrote:

Aura looked back towards the statue, this should be an easy fix now that they were appropriated, she thought, hearing Lumin's voice speak to her in the background. Aura blinked somewhat caught up in a day dream, but she wasn't ignoring him, only trying to consider her future if she was able to have the courage to act on the words that he spoke. She gave a short sigh.

"It makes him so mad when I talk about going off on a venture, Cygnus and all of my other brothers used to fight in long battles all of the time. They never saw eye to eye. That is what made them hate each other so much - even more - because they could not compromise. I fear that is what he and I will become. What if... one day, I must face Cygnus? Not stand up to him, but if I..." She shook her head, throughout the sentence her voice had continued to get progressively smaller and quieter, until she was eventually mumbling; doubting herself and her ramblings and not wanting to idealize a battle with her brother. Inevitably, she would lose, there was no doubt about that. Cygnus was a thousand fold stronger than she. Aura's wings drooped a little. I don't even make sense.

Aura's head perked up and in an instance she snapped from her battle with herself when she noticed Yoru in the distance. It was the strange doggy boy that had spoke to her before, right - Lumin's friend. How did he get all of the way out here so quickly? She tilted her head and looked back at Lumin. Certainly all of the encouragement from his friends would get him motivated.

Aura looked back to Yoru, when she noticed him picking up something he'd dropped. When she observed the glistening of the object for a little longer her pupils shrank. It was her missing treasure! So that is where it had been, with Lumin? Aura winced and backed away a little, looking from Yoru to Lumin with confused eyes, also stricken with obvious hurt. A few little tears began to form. "Is this... a trick?!" She had just got done getting over her feelings towards Corvus, and come to find out one of them had taken something she'd most loved in the world. Aura bit her lip and bawled up her fists, thrusting them down at her sides in frustration.

"I don't understand this world!!!" Her head lowered, bangs brushing over her face and hiding her distraught expression. With a strange sway her wings flew up and a fiery aura thrust from them, singeing most of the field surrounding, covering it in ash. She blinked in shock at her accidental magic and slid to her knees, covering her face with her palms. "It does not matter what people think of you - rather they say you are good or bad... you will do what you want... won't you.. no matter who you hurt, because you think about yourself." Aura spoke softly. She looked up eventually and saw the fields that she destroyed. She bit her lip. "I..I'm sorry.. I just got... so..." She shook her head and hid her face behind her hands once more.

Last edited by reshiramsama on Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
reshiramsama
reshiramsama
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Vivius Wed Dec 12, 2012 9:38 pm

Cygnus wrote:

Vivius awaited the guard's return with great unease, pulling on the hem of his shirt and feeling quite restless. He lifted his head to look to the sky. Despite the air's warmth, a few scattered clouds were drifting across it, almost blocking the sun. He frowned, resting his hands on his hips and letting out a deep sight.

'The sun looks so beautiful this time of day... it's a shame that the clouds are covering it. Oh well, I'm sure it will clear up soon!'

A familiar voice rang out, and the boy's attention was drawn back to the castle doors.

"The Prince will see you now. Come along."

The guard waved a hand towards him, beckoning him over. The two of them entered the castle, and Vivius was immediately struck with how foreign everything seemed to him. The reality of just how many years had passed since he walked the halls of the castle began to dawn on him. Not just that, but how long it had been since he'd last spoken to Aura or Cygnus.

A wave of apprehension swept through him. Why did he feel so strange? Vivius was usually such a carefree boy; some would even say foolishly so. Only a moment ago he'd been eager to see his old friend. Now, it seemed he was having second thoughts.

He glanced back at the castle's entrance, which now was only a speck in the distance. It was too late to turn back now. They continued through the busy corridors, until finally, the guard stopped in front of a grand looking door.

"Go on now, it's alright. The Prince is expecting you, you shouldn't dawdle and keep him waiting."

Vivius nodded and smiled cheerfully, giving the guard a silly little bow before turning back to creak open the door.

"Mister Cygnus?" His voice was hardly above a whisper as he addressed the Prince, eyes scanning the unfamiliar room. There were others there along with Cygnus... but it seemed that Aura was nowhere to be found.

Vivius
Vivius
Vela
Vela

Posts Posts : 2
Battle Points Battle Points : 41450

Back to top Go down

Post  Lumin Wed Dec 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Lumin stared at her a long moment as they walked, listening to her rambling about having to maybe face her brother one day, and it really seemed to bug her, at least he knew that feeling. A sigh escaping him as he leaned over just so he could get a good look at her face and smile at her. "Even if it came to that...I would be sure to be there to protect you with my life..." He gave her a serious expression then to show her that he was sure that it would not come to all that. "Your brother cares for you a lot...I doubt he would ever turn on you, nor would you turn on him like that...you just have different views on things, thats all..."

He stood up straight when he suddenly heard a familiar voice, turning slightly so he could look back and see Yoru heading their way. "I thought I told you to keep an eye on Lady Naomi..!" Lumin half glared at him a moment before a small smile creeped on his face, he figured he could atleast accept her being unprotected now, after all, the shrine would be fixed very soon since he had the supplies, she'd be able to look after herself. "How can one not miss the mutt from Corvus?" He chuckled and set the tools and statue head down a moment, needing a short break for atleast a couple minutes from carrying them.

It was when he saw Aura getting frustrated that confused him at first, he stood back a long while until she had blown off some steam and calmed down a little. Lumin's eyes gave Yoru a short glare but only for a moment, he had an idea of why the other would do this and already knew his intentions weren't to hurt Aura. "Oh Yoru...you did it again" He gave an understanding smile to his friend as he walked over and took the glittering object carefully.

Turning to Aura again, he knelt down infront of her and took her hands from her face in a gentle way, giving her an apologetic look. "Aura...he was not trying to hurt you, he probably didn't know it was so special..." Taking one of her hands, he gently placed the object it and closed her hand around it with a small smile, still showing he was very sorry for what had happened. "You see...I haven't opened up to someone like this or smiled so constantly in a very long time...Yoru here, would know that very well, he has been with me ever since I was a child..." He glanced back at Yoru and shook his head. "I guess he saw how happy I seemed around you...he wanted to find me something that would remind me of you, if I am right..?"

Taking Aura's other hand, he slowly stood up and pulled her to her feet with a frown on his face. "Aura...if you could forgive his actions...it would not happen again, he normally doesn't do something like that to people, he is very proper, and actually taught me how to be the way I am, I promise it would not happen again" With that he turned to Yoru again and smiled a little. "Yoru, I know you like seeing me happy and all...but you really shouldn't have to do things like that to keep a smile on my face...I am happiest when everyone is happy around me, you and Aura have done that well enough without offering little souvenir's, right?"
Lumin
Lumin
Corvus
Corvus

Back to top Go down

Post  reshiramsama Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:47 am

Lumin wrote:Lumin stared at her a long moment as they walked, listening to her rambling about having to maybe face her brother one day, and it really seemed to bug her, at least he knew that feeling. A sigh escaping him as he leaned over just so he could get a good look at her face and smile at her. "Even if it came to that...I would be sure to be there to protect you with my life..." He gave her a serious expression then to show her that he was sure that it would not come to all that. "Your brother cares for you a lot...I doubt he would ever turn on you, nor would you turn on him like that...you just have different views on things, thats all..."

He stood up straight when he suddenly heard a familiar voice, turning slightly so he could look back and see Yoru heading their way. "I thought I told you to keep an eye on Lady Naomi..!" Lumin half glared at him a moment before a small smile creeped on his face, he figured he could atleast accept her being unprotected now, after all, the shrine would be fixed very soon since he had the supplies, she'd be able to look after herself. "How can one not miss the mutt from Corvus?" He chuckled and set the tools and statue head down a moment, needing a short break for atleast a couple minutes from carrying them.

It was when he saw Aura getting frustrated that confused him at first, he stood back a long while until she had blown off some steam and calmed down a little. Lumin's eyes gave Yoru a short glare but only for a moment, he had an idea of why the other would do this and already knew his intentions weren't to hurt Aura. "Oh Yoru...you did it again" He gave an understanding smile to his friend as he walked over and took the glittering object carefully.

Turning to Aura again, he knelt down infront of her and took her hands from her face in a gentle way, giving her an apologetic look. "Aura...he was not trying to hurt you, he probably didn't know it was so special..." Taking one of her hands, he gently placed the object it and closed her hand around it with a small smile, still showing he was very sorry for what had happened. "You see...I haven't opened up to someone like this or smiled so constantly in a very long time...Yoru here, would know that very well, he has been with me ever since I was a child..." He glanced back at Yoru and shook his head. "I guess he saw how happy I seemed around you...he wanted to find me something that would remind me of you, if I am right..?"

Taking Aura's other hand, he slowly stood up and pulled her to her feet with a frown on his face. "Aura...if you could forgive his actions...it would not happen again, he normally doesn't do something like that to people, he is very proper, and actually taught me how to be the way I am, I promise it would not happen again" With that he turned to Yoru again and smiled a little. "Yoru, I know you like seeing me happy and all...but you really shouldn't have to do things like that to keep a smile on my face...I am happiest when everyone is happy around me, you and Aura have done that well enough without offering little souvenir's, right?"

Aura set still for a few moments longer before she shifted to look up at Lumin, hearing a soft tone in his voice which seemed to calm her down a bit from her temper. It was embarrassing to act this way, she knew that much, but how could she not? She didn't want to feel spite towards the Mightyena, but something in her heart danced angrily like a newborn flame. She gave a frustrated sigh and let her gaze fall half-lidded to Lumin, not much emotion appearing in them and the natural cyan hues faded to a broken silver. She stayed silent for a long time, listening to what he had to say and contemplating how to respond.

Aura was in her room scribbling on a large scroll, trying to draw a portrait for her mother of their family that she could thread into a tapestry. Any time that Aura had a vision in her mind she had showed it to her mother, who would approve of it with a fond smile and pat her head, and do her best to make that vision realized. At the sound of the castle's doors slamming in a few rooms down she lifted her head and blinked curiously. She was almost certain that it was her brothers playing tricks again. Aura jumped up and rushed down the hallways, but before she arrived at the scene she heard the sound of yelling. She ducked behind one of the statues and peered from under it to see what was going on.

She saw her mother and father, but no one else was around. Aura watched as her father paced back and forth with a strange expression; his brow furrowed in anger. Her mother was seen at the side of him, trying to place her hands on him to calm him down from whatever it was that had pained him so, but he would not stop for her to even do so much as to touch him.

"My lord, please... so they are not the first born, but they are still your children!" She pleaded.

??? looked down at her with a hateful glare. "They disobeyed my every order, they have no respect, they have no heart. Should this be the way that they treat me, how dare you relate our blood. Look upon Kaiser and tell me not that he is a spitting image of the very pact we despise; every belief that boy holds is against what I have ordered you to teach them. Unless it is you who has failed me?"

Aura watched her mother's head fall, hearing her soft sobbing. "Why can you not love your children all the same? You speak of how they failed you," She looked up at him with a hurt expression, "yet you are the one who has failed them. You only care for Cygnus, do you not think your other boys want to experience your touch?" There was a harsh tone in her voice. "That is why they act such a way - for your attention, for your approval! You give them no guidance!"

"THIS SHALL BE NO FAULT OF MINE!" ??? snarled back, his mighty voice echoing like a horrible gust of wind through the empty hall ways, shaking the decors on the walls and causing all maidens to cease their breaths.

Her mother bit her tongue and turned away in frustration. "Preaching light, yet dwelling in dark."

??? paused abruptly, his shoulders easing as he released a sigh. He brought a hand up to his temple and pinched the bridge of his nose, closing his eyes tightly before he relaxed further. "I am sorry... I did not mean to raise my voice, however; you must try to understand." He approached her and placed his hands on her shoulders turning her around, looking down into her eyes. "The future is at stake."

Her mother pulled away yet again and glared at him. "You care not for us... that is your ways. Only this land, sacrificing your children for the sake of this land; not their future, the future of the land!"

"It is my duty as emperor to see that I do what is best for my people." ??? turned away as well, and approached the doors, placing his hands on the handles before flinging them open. Light from outside poured into the room, casting his shadow down on her. "I will do what I must, rather you stand beside me or not."

Aura watched as her father left, and blinked before she ran out to her mother. "Mooma!" She held out her little hands. Her mother looked down at her a bit worried, wondering where Aura had come from. Her golden curls fell over her face as she leaned down to pick up Aura and hold her in her arms. She brushed her cheek against the little girl's and gave a forced smile. Aura looked at her with curious, bright eyes. "Is papa going away for a while?"

Her mother winced, and sighed, as she began to rock her in her arms. "Not papa, but me." She hushed the child as she took her free hand and smoothed a few strands of hair behind Aura's ear. "Your father must do what is right for these lands, therefore I shall do what is right for you children."

Aura tilted her head, not sure she understood, but she watched her mother pull the crystal-like locket from her dress and place it in Aura's hands. "I have always worn this closest to my heart. No matter what happens, if you hold this in your hands, I will always be with you." She kissed Aura's forehead. "I will protect you with all of my heart."

Aura winced and blinked from the memory. It was not often that she recalled things from her past. Ever since she had been injured it was nearly rendered useless trying to recall details of who she was. A lot of the reason she struggled in the present with her decisions was because she could not recall her past experiences. Perhaps Lumin was right, she had to find herself again. Somewhere it was inside of her. Aura watched as Lumin took her hand and gave the trinket back to her. She caught his hand before it moved and brought it back. Holding it in her palm, with his hand on top of it, and her hand on top of his, she looked down at them.

"My mother gave it to me for protection," She gave a small smile, "...but... I don't think I need it anymore." She looked back to Yoru, her gaze warm now and apologetic as well, then back to Lumin once more, "If not for you, then your land, your people, for all of the children who are waiting for you to return." She said softly, "For those who need you most," with that she let go and stood up, looking out to the burnt fields. Oh goodness...
reshiramsama
reshiramsama
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 35 of 37 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36, 37  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum